Nov 01

Cookie Making Schedule {Free Printables} & Ballet Tutu Cookies

I wish I could say I was wearing this for Halloween.

If you can’t see the video click here please.

It’s amazing what you’ll do for children. {I may actually have had a little bit of fun wearing this… ahem… just a little ;-)).

Please be gentle with me in the comment section. ūüėČ

My step-daughter and I really did have so much fun wearing our tutus, and I’m thankful to Marie of¬†Bakerosity, for the gift of our beautiful custom-made tutus (She made them in the Sweetopia colours – how sweet of her!).

Of course I had to make some tutu ballet cookies.

ballet-cookies-590x393

Fitting my hobby (obsession?) of decorating cookies or other sweets in amongst life can be a challenge.  I get asked on a regular basis how I manage to fit them in while working full-time, making time for family and other commitments.

In order to balance it all, I’ve had to figure out a stress-free way of getting them done – after all, I still want to enjoy the experience! I’ve shared two cookie decorating schedules I use here, and free printables to go along with them for you. Thanks to my web designer Arthur for making them!

Now I just have to figure out how to get more blog posts up besides just making the cookies.

Here’s my plan for making cookies and decorating them:

{Free Printable} Cookie Making Schedule

6 Day Cookie Decorating Schedule

{Click here for a printable version}

I prefer making my cookies according to the schedule above, however sometimes I do need to make them in a shorter period of time.

3 Day Cookie Decorating Schedule

{Click here for a printable version}

These tutu cookies are fairly simple designs, so I didn’t need much time to decorate them. You could definitely finish these on a 3-day schedule.

I hope you have as much fun as I did making them too. Oh, and the bow on the cookie b.t.w., is a pre-made fabric bow from Michael’s Craft store. I got the idea of using them from this sweet cookie book,¬†The Flour Pot Cookie Book. The ribbons are just barely iced so that they’re easy to remove.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to drop me a line in the comment section below, on Facebook or twitter.

Happy decorating!

*Huge thanks to Niner of We Choose Organic for editing the photos for me!
** The tutu cookie cutter is from ecrandal.com

1. December 20, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

No sabia de este blog hasta hoy, y me lo guardo en marcadores!
    ¬ŅHace mucho que existe? Lo visitar√© m√°s frecuentemente,
    tiene un dise√Īo muy amigable.
    Me encantó el artículo, dan ganas de empezar a escribir un blog.

Ey! Puedo coger una foto de este blog para el mi
    blog? No encuentro fotografías que encajen para mis artículos y las tuyas están geniales.
    Muchas gracias!!
    En Este blog se usa el mismo template que tenía instalado
    en el m√≠o. ¬ŅPodr√≠as por favor decirme c√≥mo se llamaba?
    Lo desinstal√© y no consigo recuperarlo… gracias!!

Muchas gracias por publicanos post como este.
    Me divierte tu artículo. Guardo el Feed y así no perderme
    nada en el futuro.
    Muy bien transmitida la información. los próximos post.

Me gusta esta web. Post como este son los que m√°s me gustan.

2. December 31, 2013 at 1:05 am | Permalink

Thank you so much for your wonderful blog!! I have a question. I know you’ve said how long cookies can keep for, but I’m wondering how long they are ok sitting out on the counter? I made my cookies Fri and put the 1st layer, and let them sit overnight. Then Saturday I put the 2nd layer and left them out all day. Saturday night I put them in a plastic container. But I still had more decorating to do. So I took them out today (Monday) and finished them, and am leaving them out overnight because I’m worried that the icing won’t dry all the way. But on the other hand, I’m worried they’ll get stale. What’s the longest I can leave them out? Would 3 days total be horrible? :-/

Thank you!
    Heather

January 2, 2014 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Hi Heather,
      That’s fine.
      Have fun decorating!

3. January 12, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Hi there! I’m not a cookie maker (unless for home eating!) and I was thinking of trying cookies rather than cupcakes for this Valentine’s. However, my cookies don’tlast for long, only for about 4-5 days. How does it works to make them to last longer in order to have such schedule + consumption period? Many thanks, Sandra.

4. Luciane Bueno
    October 17, 2014 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Boa tarde, em primeiro lugar parabéns pelo seu trabalho, me apaixono a cada dia mais.
    Tenho uma duvida, meu glace real quando seca na cobertura do cookies ele fica fosco, os seus parecem brilhantes.
    Como posso melhorar o visual dos meus cookies.

Obrigada

5. Sabine
    February 26, 2015 at 5:23 am | Permalink

Hello! I love your website and your baking schedule is great!
    In your 3 day schedule, you bake your cookies Day 1 then decorate them Day 2. From day 1 till day 2, how do you store the cookies? Can they be left on a tray with no cover ? Or should they be placed in bags?

Thank you :)!

6. laura
    May 28, 2015 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

hi
    can i do the 1st decoration the same day i bake the cookies? its just that im a bit short on time and i have to flood it then draw o the cookie and then do another drawing on top!!! im going crazy! please help

7. Linda
    February 27, 2016 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Do you ever freeze baked sugar cookies before you decorate them?

8. Lucy
    May 27, 2016 at 12:16 am | Permalink

Is there anyway I can make the dough in advance and and freeze for a few day and them put them in the fridge to come to fridge temp before I cut and bake them?

9. Irma
    March 24, 2017 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I’m in complete and utter awe of how gorgeous, whimsical, delicious-looking, perfect, fun, and hands down awesome your cookies look! Complete awe I tell you. And it isn’t the first time I’ve visited your site. You keep getting even better with every visit – how is that possible?
    Btw. Tutus look super cute on both of you!

10. May 17, 2017 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

You are a lifesaver thankyou sooo much for posting your cookie baking schedule. It helps me alot! Im just starting this whole cookie business n theres seriously alot of questions in my head that i need to ask but your blog helps me alot!! Seriously major thankyou ‚̧ԳŹ

Sincerely, strugglin first-time baker from malaysia
    Im giving u my insta, just incase u want to see any update whether i survive in this cookie world or not

1. By Decorated Ballerina Cookies on June 9, 2014 at 9:30 am

[…] Ballet Tutu Cookies Via Sweetopia […]

2. […] This¬†Cookie Decorating Schedule¬†free printable may also be helpful for you if you‚Äôre new to cookie decorating. Spreading the steps out makes the decorating process easier. […]

3. By Thawing Undecorated Cut-Out Cookies | Sweetopia on July 25, 2015 at 12:45 pm

[…] Cookie Decorating Schedule(s) […]