Jan 21

(Video) Simple Valentine Box of Chocolates Decorated Cookies

Box of Chocolates Simple Decorated Cookies Video Tutorial

Chocolates or decorated cookies that look like chocolates? Were you fooled?

Decorating Simple Box of Chocolates Cookies _ Video Tutorial

These mini chocolate sugar cookies decorated with royal icing were so much fun to decorate! Simple and small, it was fun playing around with different designs. Thanks to Kei of The Cookie Cutter Land for inspiring some of the designs and for the initial idea! If you’d like to make them too, a video, tools and recipes are below.

Box of Chocolates Simple Decorated Cookies _ How To

Here is the video showing how I made most of the mini chocolate cookies, and you can find more details on cookie decorating basics, tools used and recipes below:

How to Decorate Simple Chocolate Box Cookies

Click here if you can’t see the video.

mini cookie cutters

Decorating Cookies

Find the cookie cutters I used here by clicking on each individual cutter below (Any links to Amazon in this post are affiliate links. There is no extra cost to you).

Cookie Cutters:

Chocolate Sugar Cookies

Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe

The chocolate sugar cookie recipe can be found here.

Box of Chocolates Simple Decorated Cookies _ Video Demo

Royal Icing Recipe

The regular royal icing recipe can be found here. The chocolate royal icing recipe can be found here.

Simple Valentine Chocolate Cookies

Decorating Items

Tools you’ll need:

Video Tutorial Simple Chocolate Box Cookies

Royal Icing Consistency

The consistency of icing is key for easy decorating. Click here to see a YouTube video on finding the right icing thickness for basic flooding and decorating.

Simple Box of Chocolates Decorated Cookies Video Tutorial

Cookie Decorating Basics

This video on outlining and flooding is a good place to start if you’re new to decorating cookies with royal icing. These cookie decorating basics YouTube videos may also be helpful to get you started.

Chocolate Cookies

Have fun playing around with the designs! Below are a few videos/posts on different techniques and commonly asked questions, especially for new cookie decorators, in case you’d like to check them out. Click on each link to find the post and video:

Piping Royal Icing Lines

Cookie Decorating Schedule

Valentine Box of Chocolates Decorated Cookies

Storing Royal Icing

Flower Cookies

How to Dry Decorated Cookies

How to Make Simple Box of Chocolates Decorated Cookies

How to Prevent Cookies from Spreading (during baking)

Simple Chocolate Box Cookies

Shelf Life of Cookies

Video Tutorial Simple Chocolate Box Cookies

Detailed Cookie Decorating Tutorial

Box of Chocolates Decorated Cookies Video Tutorial

Cookie thickness – how to decide

Flower Chocolate Cookies

Freezing Decorated Cookies

How to Decorate Simple Box of Chocolates Cookies Video Tutorial

And here is the FAQ section in case I haven’t covered a question you have. Please feel free to leave a comment below as well!

Video Tutorial Simple Chocolate Box Cookies

A few more notes:

• The video clips for these chocolate cookies are fast forwarded to shorten the video.
  • I collected chocolate boxes after Christmas to place the cookies in and bought a black box as well.
  • The liners are cupcake liners and can be found here; brown or white.
  • Some of the chocolates pictured in the photos are wrapped in mini cellophane bags. I’m freezing those to use for a fundraising event in February. The rest are already given away to family, friends and students.

How to decorate simple box of chocolate cookies video tutorial

Lastly, please forgive me for the zillions of photos in this post, I had fun playing around with different display ideas. Thanks for visiting me here and happy decorating!

How to Decorate Simple Chocolate Box Cookies

Chocolate Box Decorated Cookie Tutorial

Simple Chocolate Box Decorated Cookies Video Tutorial

Simple Valentine Decorated Cookies Box of Chocolates Cookies Video Tutorial

Chocolate Leaf Decorated Cookies

Box of Chocolate Decorated Cookies

Box of Chocolate Cookies

Simple Box of Chocolates Decorated Cookies

Simple Marbled Chocolate Decorated Cookies

Simple Valentine Chocolate Cookies

Chocolate Sugar Cookies Box of Chocolate Cookies Video Tutorial

1. Sarah
    January 21, 2019 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

This is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing

• January 21, 2019 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Sarah! I appreciate your comment!

2. Kathy E
    January 21, 2019 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THESE!!!! They really do look like candies! And I have questions–what size are most of the cookies? They look tiny. And did you use the mini cupcake liners or the regular sized ones? I am in love with these!

• January 21, 2019 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Thanks Kathy! The cookies are mini, they fit in the mini cupcake liners. I have a link in the post where I mention a few notes. The cookies in the brown liners are a bit larger than the ones in the white liners, ranging from about an inch (2.5 cm) to 2 inches (5 cm) for a few larger ones.

3. January 22, 2019 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

They are great! Do you outline and flood with the same consistency? Was your flood icing really only 5 second? Thanks!!

• January 22, 2019 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Thanks Barb! The outside was 10 second and the inside was a runny icing, my 5 second icing.

4. Mercedes
    January 22, 2019 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

I had been waiting for you to post something for valentine’s! OMG I love these and they are perfect! These are exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something different from all the Llamas, lattes, donuts and hearts out there. I also love doing minis. These are simple, sweet yet just elegant….just like you Marian. Always love everything you do! Thank you!

• January 22, 2019 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Awww, that’s kind of you Mercedes, thank you! I can’t take credit for the idea, it’s from Kei (I’ve linked to her in the post), but yes they were definitely fun to decorate. I love minis too! Happy Valentine decorating! xo

5. Maria
    January 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

Yes, you did fool me….they look like pralines!
    Amazing talent you have! So much patience! Love how you make it look soooo easy to do!!!
    You make me feel like ah….through the whole video. Thank you for sharing and teaching your talent!

January 22, 2019 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

Aw, thank you Maria! I’m glad you enjoyed the video. The music made me feel calm, I think you felt the same… glad you like. xo

6. January 23, 2019 at 1:58 am | Permalink

Marian, these are absolutely stunning!
    I picture husbands buying such for their wives 🙂

They are made with L O V E, this is exactly how they look like.
    Seeing the video makes me happy, how the cookies all come together, how you pipe with such perfection!
    I enjoyed it so so much.

God bless you and your talent.
    Love, niner

January 23, 2019 at 11:27 am | Permalink

Thank you so, so much Niner! xo

7. Stephenie
    January 23, 2019 at 11:46 am | Permalink

These are adorable! I love your work.

January 24, 2019 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much Stephenie! I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

8. January 29, 2019 at 12:25 am | Permalink

Thank you so much for sharing recipes.Great blog!!!

January 30, 2019 at 9:37 am | Permalink