Dec 21

Christmas Treat Ideas

With Christmas just days away, you may be stumped for baking ideas or homemade gifts for your friends and loved ones, so I’ve put together a visual summary, if you will, of the Christmas treats I’ve made in the last 5 years in case any of these help. I’ve sectioned them into categories; cookies, gingerbread houses, cupcake and cake pops, and you’ll notice the last two sections are a bit sparse. An obvious penchant for the decorated cookies in my little corner on the web, but if you’d like more holiday cupcake and cake pop inspiration, my friend Niner Bakes shares adorable and detailed tutorials, along with recipes, here.

You can find the link to each blog post below each photo.

Cookies

Cardinal Cookie Step-by-Step

Mini Christmas Cookies

Peanut Butter Cut-Out Cookie Recipe

How to Ship Decorated Cookies {& Gingerbread Men Cookies}

Diva Claus Cookies

{Video} Royal Icing Consistency Made Easy {& Snowman Icing Transfer}

Sugar Cookie Recipe {& Polar Bear Cookies} – Note that a few cookies pictured in this post are gingerbread.

Polar Bear Cookies

Candy Christmas Tag Cookies

{Video} Simple Fondant Cut-Outs and Snowman Cookie

{Video} How to Pipe Royal Icing Lines

Snickerdoodle Cut-Out Cookie Recipe

Raspberry Linzer Cookies

Gingerbread Cookie Recipe

There are more cut-out cookie recipes in my recipe section here. Sometimes the page takes a bit longer to load… After the first 3 recipes the words “See More” should show up… Click on those to see all the recipes in each section.

To add a special touch (people seem to loooove receiving these!), package your cookies in something unique, like these sweet little Christmas retro car printables made by Claudine Hellmuth. Larger cookies (cupcakes or other sweets and treats), fit inside the car, and little mini cookies, for example, can go in the little packages on top. (Eep!)

Gingerbread Houses

Gingerbread Woodcutter’s Cabin

{Video} How to Assemble  and Decorate a Gingerbread House {Free Printable}

Royal Icing for Gingerbread Houses

Christmas Gingerbread House

Sweet Treats Gingerbread House

How to Make a Gingerbread House

Cupcakes and Cake Pops

Rich Rum Fruitcake Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Icing

Maple Syrup Cupcakes with Maple Sugar Frosting

Christmas Cake Pops

Happy baking and decorating!

1. Maria Theresia
    December 22, 2014 at 8:18 am | Permalink

What a selection Marian! Very interesting to see how creative you are! I love every thing you do. You are the best teacher! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    And I hope you are taking also some time to rest!

December 23, 2014 at 6:42 am | Permalink

Thank you, Maria Theresia! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! xo

2. Dolores
    December 23, 2014 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Looking forward to the peaceful time after Christmas when I can take some time and really delve deep into your site and learn as much as I can from all your years of expertise. You gave your readers a chance to vote on two different videos the nut cracker or the snowmen maybe when you can manage to squeeze some time out we could see that one also.
    Thanks for sharing your talent, with the rest of us who want to learn and get better at the craft ourselves. Just love your cookies.
    Dolores

December 23, 2014 at 6:36 am | Permalink

Thank you so much Dolores, I appreciate your comment! I do plan on doing the mini snowman and penguin cookie video too, thanks for your feedback! Merry Christmas!

3. Andrea
    December 23, 2014 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Can you help with a problem that I ran into while decorating? I made holly cookies and when I pipe my berries they often collapse when they are drying. What am I doing wrong? I made a fix by throwing some sanding sugar but it was not the look I was going for. This has happened to me before with other projects as well. I live in So Cal and it is typically warm and dry if that helps at all.
    Thanks for all your help throughout the years. You have been not only my online instructor but my inspiration.

4. December 23, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Aaah! Love this Marion.
    Nice to see the recap of your tutorials. This was inspiring AND helpful. A bunch of us got together Saturday for a baking day and to decorate cookies I had made ahead. I just gave up control and everyone participated, even some of the young men. (30ish) What fun, and surprisingly we have some raw talent buried in the group that I was unaware of. Not one of us could hold a candle to your work but it is fun to try. Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

January 4, 2015 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Hi Esther!
      That sounds like fun! I’ll bet everyone really enjoyed themselves and wasn’t it fun to see grown men get into it too? It always amazes me to see the teen boys especially (sorry to gender stereotype), really get into cookie decorating in my class… Really, it’s so rare to see someone who doesn’t get into it… so it doesn’t surprise me that some of the grown men had some fun with it too. Happy, happy new year 2015 to you Esther!

5. December 24, 2014 at 7:51 am | Permalink

Ohhhhmy I don’t know which of these are the cutest.
    Your Christmas creations are beyond adorable, Marian.

I just love to look at your cookies and I feel happy inside

6. December 24, 2014 at 7:52 am | Permalink

Ohhhhmy I don’t know which of these are the cutest.
    Your Christmas creations are beyond adorable, Marian.

I just love to look at your cookies and I feel happy inside.

Wishing you a merry, merry Christmas, my friend.
    A blessed time with your family. Wish I was there.

Xoxo,
    Niner

January 4, 2015 at 10:15 am | Permalink

I wish you were here too Niner! Wishing you a happy, happy new year and lots of love and blessings for 2015! xo

7. Marian N
    December 25, 2014 at 12:04 am | Permalink

Eye candy and no calories. What a treat.

Have a very merry Christmas Marian and I look forward to all your posts in 2015.

January 4, 2015 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Thanks Marian N! Thanks for your comment and sorry for the delay – the holidays were whirlwind 😉
      Happy New Year and many blessings to you for 2015! xo

8. December 28, 2014 at 11:39 am | Permalink

WOw i thing i want all of them lol 🙂

Merry Christmas!

9. Roshini
    December 29, 2014 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Love them all 🙂
    Merry Christmas!

10. Alí
    January 7, 2015 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

hi, i am Alí, from México City , I love your blog and how you decorate your cookies . You have no idea how much you have helped me to learn how to decorate cookies . Thanks for all the tips , recipes and amazing ideas that you share us on your blog.

😀

January 14, 2015 at 10:28 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for your comments everyone! They are much appreciated.
      Happy New Year! xo