где взять займ с плохой кредитной историей

Apr 15

Easter Decorated Cookies

John 3 16 Decorated Cookies

Happy Easter! (Almost). Thanks to Iris of Ribiselchen for inviting me to be a part of an Easter sweets collaboration! She’s invited other bloggers and myself to share a sweet creation centered on the meaning of Easter. You can find the other treats on the Died. Buried. Risen. Facebook page here and see a beautiful write up of Iris’ cake creation here.

Easter Decorated Cookies

Easter, when the risen Christ is celebrated, points towards a message of hope and love, salvation and truth, for me, and for all of mankind. Easter hasn’t always been meaningful to me, as I only became a believer in Jesus of Nazareth in my thirties, but when I finally realized that if it were true that Jesus is who he claimed to be, it would be the most important thing I could ever consider. It was a journey of a few years, but reading material such as Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Case for Christ by Lee Strobel and many other books, as well as watching YouTube videos by brilliant theologians such as Ravi Zacharias, John Lennox, William Lane Craig etc., helped change my beliefs and lead me to Christ. I will share a list of some of my favorite authors/speakers below in case you’re interested.

John 3 16 Cookies

For these cookies, John 3:16 was the verse from the Bible that I wanted to draw attention to; 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

If you are seeking, my desire is to encourage you to delve into the hard questions through research with an open mind and heart.

Cross Decorated Cookies

If you’ve never really heard about Jesus of Nazareth, you might want to check out this video by Billy Graham and any of the following authors/speakers, who provide an intelligent, articulate Christian perspective on the issues concerning the truth of the Christian faith:

Embroidery Cookie

Now a few notes about these cookies…

Embroidery Decorated Cookie

Special thanks to Honey & Lou Baking Co. for the beautiful inspiration for the embroidery and leaf cookies and to Jessica of Cutsey Crafts for the pretty embroidery design!

Easter Decorated Cookies

If you’d like to know what recipes and tools I used for these cookies, all the information is shared below.

For God so Loved the World

Sugar Cookie Recipe

The sugar cookie recipe can be found here.

Easter Cookies

Royal Icing Recipe

The royal icing recipe can be found here.

God Loves You

Decorating Items

Any links to Amazon in this post are affiliate links. There is no extra cost to you.

What you’ll need:

John 3 16 Cookies

Cookie Decorating Basics

This video on outlining and flooding is a good place to start if you’re new to decorating cookies with royal icing. These cookie decorating basics YouTube videos may also be helpful to get you started.

Easter Cookies Decorated with Royal Icing

Royal Icing Consistency

The consistency of icing is key for easy decorating. Click here to see a YouTube video on finding the right icing thickness for basic flooding and decorating.

If you’re fairly new at decorating cookies, you may find  these Royal Icing Tips here, helpful.

Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions. I also have a FAQ section here and a glossary of terms here.

Happy decorating!

1. April 16, 2019 at 8:02 am | Permalink

Hallelujah, praise the Lord!!

I love love love these! They should be given out in every church this Easter, Marian 🙂

Such beautiful creations with not just a message, but THE most important message of all. May God be glorified with this post.

So glad to be on this journey with you, for so many years now. Christ has been good to us!

Blessed Easter to you, sweet friend 🙂
    Love, niner

• April 16, 2019 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Thank you my sweet, sweet friend and sister in Christ! xo

2. Jeannine
    April 16, 2019 at 8:06 am | Permalink

I am in my 50s and have struggled and continue to struggle with believing for many years…. I am frustrated that what seems to come so easily and naturally to so many, christianity, eludes me. I have come to the conclusion that some people (me) aren’t intended to join the family of believers.

• April 16, 2019 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Hi Jeannine,

I understand! It took me almost two years of delving into the material of apologists (defenders of Christian faith… like people listed above), and really digging into the information. And then finally, when my mind realized this is really true, I still couldn’t make the connection on an emotional level. Sounds cheesy, but one night in real frustration and tears, I prayed to God to help me make the mind/heart connection. Nothing happened then… I went to bed and in the morning when I woke up and my feet hit the floor, I realized I BELIEVED! The connection was made! Doesn’t mean it’s perfect, the relationship has taken time to develop. When a doubt surfaces, I delve into the question/doubt in research, and then remind myself of all that I’ve learned about apologetics. It really does help me. Gosh there is so much more to say!
      If you are around Christians that seem like they never have difficulties, maybe try hanging out with others as well. There are Christians who encounter difficulties, but being in a community where one can talk about it is wonderful, and there ARE answers. Maybe we won’t know everything this side of heaven, but there is a lot of rational, intelligent material to help.
      Also, I don’t think belief is necessarily a feeling. Although I had that kind of experience that helped make the mind/emotion connection in the beginning, it doesn’t necessarily mean I always feel the same. In the end, it’s about reading His Word and trusting it… a daily thing.
      And to your comment that you don’t think you are intended to join the family of believers, that is not the truth! God loves you and wants you to be with Him … John 3:16 is for EVERYONE. For God so loved the WORLD. See also Acts 10:34.
      I would encourage you to plug in to a church that deals with these issues, maybe approach some pastors, and I would encourage you to check out those people in my list for your specific doubts. If you have something you’d like help finding info. on but don’t want to leave the info. here, send me an email through my contact form. (On my home page, desktop site, not through a device). You are not alone Jeannine! I would love to help you if you allow me to. xo

3. Julie
    April 16, 2019 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

These are gorgeous!!! Julie

4. Melinda Cassidy
    April 16, 2019 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

This is beautiful! I love hearing your testimony!
    The cookies are also gorgeous and inspiring!
    Thank you for sharing both!

To God Be the Glory, Great Things He Has Done!

• April 17, 2019 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Hi Melinda,
      Thank you so much and happy Easter to you!! Xo

5. April 16, 2019 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous! The embroidery technique is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

• April 17, 2019 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Megan!! 🙂

6. April 19, 2019 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Marian, This post, and your cookies, are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your testimony of the Savior! So grateful to know that He lives! XO!

• April 19, 2019 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Thanks Sue! Happy, happy Easter to you! xoxo

7. Kelly
    June 9, 2019 at 11:13 am | Permalink

I love the embroidery hoop! ♥️ Cutesy Crafts has so many great patterns, I have used hers several times including the one you made the cookie of which caught my eye. I love your site and will be sticking around!

• June 9, 2019 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Hi Kelly,

She does have great style, I love it too! Thank you for your comment and I look forward to “seeing you” around!