Feb 10

{Video} Easy Marbled Valentine’s Day Cookies

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I just managed to squeeze in a little video how-to for you on these simple heart cookies.

{Click here if you can’t see the video}.

Easy and fun to make, I hope you enjoy making {and eating} them.

If you’d like more detail on how to outline and flood cookies, here’s a video for you; How to Outline and Flood Cookies.

And for more information on marbling, here are a few posts for you:

Happy decorating!

p.s. Things are a little busy around here as we’re renovating our home. I’m enjoying pinning and planning, and can’t wait to share the mess transformation, and get back to more baking & decorating. In the meantime, if you like pinning home decor pictures {and sweets!} and want to share your pins, please feel free to share your Pinterest name in the comment section. I’m over here on Pinterest, if you’d like to follow me there.

1. Lisa
    February 11, 2013 at 2:59 am | Permalink

I love these!!! I have seen lots of great Valentine cookies, but for some reason these are calling out to me to be make them. :)
    I will have to make the cookie base chocolate to keep my husband happy….LOL!
    He has been loving the bittersweet chocolate Irish shortbread I’ve been making lately. I found a great recipe in a little Irish baking book I brought back from a trip. You melt the butter and stir everything else into the pot (it includes cornstarch), instead of using a mixer. It is really delicious and so quick to make.

• Toni
      December 11, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Permalink

you wont be able to add the recipe here for other people to use plz- have been looking for the recipe but unable to find it

2. February 11, 2013 at 7:47 am | Permalink

Marian, you are my cookie hero! These are gorgeous and I love the fact that that the shaking makes them just SO prefectly precious. (Instead of worrying about dainty handling, hehehe)!!!!
    Hugs, Patti

3. February 11, 2013 at 8:16 am | Permalink

so cute, and I am so jealous, I would love to redo my home, at least my kitchen:)

4. February 11, 2013 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Thank you for sharing the tutorial. You are so kind to share all your tricks and techniques with us! The cookies are adorable as usual…

5. February 11, 2013 at 9:10 am | Permalink

Beautiful job, as always, Marian.
    Happy Valentines Day!

xo

6. February 11, 2013 at 9:32 am | Permalink

You really make it look SO simple! I loved your lesson at Mixed and this is such a great instructional video. I hope to master this one day :) great post and Happy Valentine’s Day! I can’t wait to see your renovations!

7. February 11, 2013 at 9:47 am | Permalink

So beyond adorable! Your video has me convinced I could do it, lol! Love these!!

8. February 11, 2013 at 9:50 am | Permalink

Fantastic video–I think I could do it now! Such a pretty technique. :)

9. February 11, 2013 at 9:54 am | Permalink

So beautiful and great video for us beginners. :)

10. Maria Theresia
    February 11, 2013 at 9:54 am | Permalink

great adorable like always… thank you for sharing all your talents and idees.

11. February 11, 2013 at 10:09 am | Permalink

@ Lisa:
    Hi, those sound wonderful! Would you mind posting your chocolate shortbread recipe please?

Thanks,

Becky McGeorge
    Sweetrebeccas.com
    @ Lisa:

12. February 11, 2013 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Such sweet cookies, Happy Valentine’s Day! I think the rain today is going to wash away that pretty snow in your backyard! LOL

13. February 11, 2013 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Magnifiques Marian!
    I’m making some heart-shaped decorated cookies tomorrow too. Will try your beautiful marbled effect for sure.
    ;)

14. February 11, 2013 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Beautiful job as always!!

15. February 11, 2013 at 11:23 am | Permalink

These are so beautiful and thanks for the helpful tutorial!

16. February 11, 2013 at 11:28 am | Permalink

That is such a fab little video! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us lady :)

17. Marian N
    February 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

Love the cookies. Simple yet so effective. Can’t wait to see the house when you are finished.

18. February 11, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Sweetie!!
    I always loved your marbling cookies, Marian.
    You actually inspired me to make marbled cookies, my first decorated cookies ever, remember lol..That was 2 years ago.

I love that video – seeing you at the end was so sweet as well :-)
    Miss you girl – Hope the renovating process is coming to an end soon *well…probably not eh*

Thinking of you, much love!!
    XOXO, niner

19. February 11, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Love love love

20. Addie
    February 12, 2013 at 11:24 am | Permalink

These are so pretty. You make it look so easy. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

21. Lori
    February 13, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

Love your cookies!! How think do you roll out your cookie dough?

22. February 13, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

So pretty and fun! And I love video tutorials, they can really simplify the process and make things much easier to follow :)

23. Elizabeth
    February 14, 2013 at 9:44 am | Permalink

I made these for Valentines day and it was so much fun! Your instructions are amazing and everything worked out perfectly (though yours are definitely more polished than mine – I need practice!). And although they look cute, I wasn’t expecting them to taste as good as they do – they are delicious! Just want to thank you for taking the time to post instructions and videos and really including every detail to make them as easy to follow as possible.

I hope your home renovations are going well and that you and your family have a great Valentines Day :)

24. February 18, 2013 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

this is a great video, I was having trouble recently with my cookies, and watching your tutorials helps me out. Thanks

February 19, 2013 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Thanks for the sweet comments! xo

February 19, 2013 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Sounds interestng, @ Lisa, I would love to try making that recipe!

@ sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more: Do it! (and go back to work ha ha ;-) I’ve just committed myself to many more years of working. Lol.

@ Cindy: Hope you had fun!

@ Julie @ Table for Two, @ Jenny Flake, @ Sommer@ASpicyPerspective, @ naomi: Hope you do try it! xo

Hi @ niner bakes // ninerbakes.com: I do remember those cookies… they were yellow and aqua colours – pretty! No, not near the end yet, but hopefully it’s the middle. ;-) MIss you too. xo

February 19, 2013 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Hi @ Lori: About 3/4 of a centimeter. It varies really, but I like to make them thicker rather than thinner.

Hi @ Elizabeth: I’m so glad the videos helped and that you had fun making them! Have a great day! xo

That’s wonderful to hear, @ Candi! xo

28. February 20, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

You are Incredible!

29. February 21, 2013 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Even though I create cupcakes, your site is my “go-to” for decorating and creating decors! This idea is lovely and I’m going to try to adapt it for decors on my St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes. Shamrocks are essentially three heart shapes!

February 21, 2013 at 9:12 am | Permalink

Hi @ Jeanette: I’d love to see what you make, if you’d like to share it on my facebook page. I used the heart marbling technique on my Shamrocks here; http://sweetopia.net/2012/03/how-to-make-st-patricks-day-decorated-cookies/

31. Lisa Cornely
    February 25, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

These are beautiful Marian. Wonderful video also. You make it look so easy.

32. Tatyana
    March 1, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

I remember these cookies from last year. After seeing your post I tried to make them too. Thank you for every day inspiration. Your work is amazing.

P.S. Here is my try https://secure.flickr.com/photos/88915337@N04/8456348263/in/photostream/

March 3, 2013 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Hi @ Tatyana: You did such a beautiful job! I love the colors and how you marbled your cookies!!

Thanks, @ Lisa Cornely!

34. March 6, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

These are absolutely stunning, and the video is mesmerizing… I could watch it for hours!

March 6, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Thanks for your sweet comment, @ Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste!

36. Janet Golden
    March 7, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

I love to watch your videos. They have helped me so much. I would like to know where you purchase the bakery or cookie boxes that I saw in one of your other posts, and it was on edible ink cookies. At the end of the recipe there was a large stack of these boxes filled with the edible ink cookies. I have been trying to find them. Thank you.

37. Tatyana
    March 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Th@ marian:
    Everything I know about marbling is from you.

March 17, 2013 at 12:32 am | Permalink

I found it again too, @ Janet Golden: :)

39. Elle
    March 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

These are so pretty and delicate – thank you for sharing! Lovely to see some different valentines cookies :-)

40. Leyda
    March 25, 2013 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Can you advice on how to get the deep red icing that’s on the valentine’s cookies?

Thanks!

March 25, 2013 at 9:15 am | Permalink

thanks, @ Elle!

@ Leyda:
    Absolutely! Lots of red coloring (I like Wilton’s no taste red now). I also have a tutorial on coloring icing black in my tutorial section… just substitute with red. xo

42. Leyda
    March 26, 2013 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Thank you!!@ marian:

43. delicious cookies
    April 3, 2013 at 4:21 am | Permalink

i am from Bahrain kingdom

44. Jennifer
    April 5, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Thanks for everything. I love your site. I just have a quick question about storing. How long can you store cookies with no icing and how long with icing? Thanks again! You are awesome!

45. April 5, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

How cool, @ delicious cookies, thank you for visiting me here!

Hi @ Jennifer: No icing – frozen for up to 6 months.
    Iced, here is a post for you;

1. By video: sweetopia’s marbled heart cookies on February 11, 2013 at 3:05 pm

[...] uber talented Marian from Sweetopia shows us how to make marbled heart Valentine’s Day cookies in the video above. She breaks down each step so it is clear and simple, although I don’t [...]

2. By marbled cookies | Cute Everything on February 23, 2013 at 6:14 pm

3. [...] for you: These cookies from the lovely Sweetopia Blog are just too SWEET! Learn how to make them here: For those classroom Valentine’s where teachers won’t let you give out candy, [...]

4. By Valentine’s Day Cookies on May 26, 2013 at 1:58 pm