I am a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter, it’s hands-down my favorite sweet combination, and I’ve fallen head over heels for these yummy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cut Out Cookies! These rollout cookies get three thumbs up in my book, I hope you enjoy them too!
With Valentine’s Day approaching, I knew I wanted to use this gorgeous Williams Sonoma Heart Linzer Cookie Cutter Set, perfect for Valentine’s or any time.
The cutter has 3 easy-to switch-out inserts; a small heart, small fluted heart and daisy.
The quality is top notch, made with polished stainless-steel with hemmed edges, the sharp rim easily cuts through the dough… Perfect with traditional Linzer cookies filled with jam and with this dough filled with mini and regular chocolate chips!
To make the base, simply use the large heart, then attach the inserts to create top layers with lacy cutouts that reveal the filling.
You can sprinkle a little icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar or powdered sugar) on top of each or leave them plain. The peek-a-boo center looks so pretty with Nutella sandwiched in between two cookies!
I absolutely love my new Valentine’s Day Platter from Williams Sonoma as well! This post is sponsored by them (thank you!), and I can tell you that all opinions are my own. I’m thrilled to be partnering with them and share products I love with you.
From cookware to these beautiful Red Linen Double Hemstitch Napkins, appliances and bakeware to outdoor grilling essentials, I never have trouble finding things I love on their site or in their store.
Now onto the recipe!
A few quick notes… I used mini chocolate chips in one batch of dough and both mini chocolate chips and regular sized chocolate chips in another batch. I wanted to test the cutter in terms of how well it cut through the chips. Not a problem at all, including the regular sized chips. If you’re making these cookies with another cutter, I do recommend one with a nice edge to be able to cut through the dough.
If you do make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Rollout Cookies, make sure to let me know how you enjoyed them below.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Rollout Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cut Out Cookie
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter 200 g
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature 227 g
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200 g
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed 212 g
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10 mL
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted 508 g
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips 100 g
- On low speed, mix peanut butter, butter and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, until incorporated.
- On low speed, add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add flour to the mixture, stirring on low speed. Add all the mini chocolate chips just before the flour is all incorporated. Mix until the dough collects around the paddle attachment.
- Roll your dough between two sheets of parchment paper and chill in the fridge for at least one hour. For a post on cookie thickness, see here.
- Cut your cookie shapes out and re-roll dough as needed.
- Place cookie shapes at least 1/2 an inch or 1 cm apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place tray(s) of cookies in a fridge or freezer until thoroughly chilled; at least one hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 8-12 minutes. Larger shapes will need more time and smaller shapes less. Look for slightly golden brown edges.
- Once cookies have cooled, decorate as desired!