Feb 06

High Tea Party Decorated Cookies

Tea Party Decorated Cookies by Sweetopia

Hello sweet friends!

It has been some time but I’m excited to be back and invite you to… a High Tea! There’s such a special reason behind it, and a special bunch of people organizing it, I thought I would share with you.  It has to do with Mission Amanda… A dear friend, Sharon, began Mission Amanda, in honor of her daughter Amanda. Her story is below:

Pure Bride and Hand of God

This “Pure Bride”, painted by Amanda Kelsall, painted this image, depicting the Bride of Christ entering into God’s presence. Amanda, whose name means worthy of love, knew she was loved by God and His love bubbled out of her, reaching all those she came in contact with.  Amanda was studying Medicine at UOttawa.  She went to be with her heavenly Father on January 5, 2014 after a motor vehicle accident.  The day of the memorial, a photo of an exploding star, named by NASA, the “Hand of God”, was in the news. The star actually exploded 1700 years ago!  When you see the photo and Amanda’s painting side by side, there is no question that this “Pure Bride” is in the “Hand of God”! “Mission Amanda” now seeks to continue to spread faith, hope and love through its’ initiatives.  We would love for you to join us in a celebration of Mission Amanda’s “Higher Tea” on Saturday, February 10 at 1:00 at Willow Creek Church in Midhurst, Ontario, Canada. I know geographically this may not be feasible for you, but I thought I might share, just in case it is!

Amanda was planning to celebrate her 23rd birthday with “High Tea”. She is now having “Higher Tea” with the King of Kings!

Higher Tea Poster

One of the door prizes will be this set of decorated cookies.

Hope to see you there!

Tea Party Decorated Cookies

Thank you so much to the following talented people for the cookie design inspiration!

Cupcake and pie decorated cookies

Wishing you a lovely (early) Valentine’s Day and happy decorating!

Tea party decorated cookies_Sweetopia

p.s. If you have any questions about how to decorate the cookies, cookie cutters, recipes etc. please feel free to leave a comment below.

Tea Pot Decorated Cookie

Valentines Day Tea Party Cookies

1. Yvonne
    February 7, 2018 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Your cookies are amazing! The attention to detail you give each cookie is beautiful. I love your creations.

February 12, 2018 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much Yvonne!

2. February 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

My girl,

this is such a moving story and only reminds me that God is good and faithful to His bride. All grace. We do not deserve it.
    I am so glad this event will take place..i wish I could come and be there with you.

Your cookies always make me happy.
    They look so perfect, as I usually say in my comments: those straight and perfectly piped lines….amazing! So proud of you.

May God bless you my Marian.
    Niner

February 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Niner, I wish you could have been there too!

3. Tina Dahl
    February 7, 2018 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

So happy to see you in my in box! Welcome back!!! Gorgeous cookies of course!!!

February 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Awww, thanks Tina! Your noticing is much appreciated!

4. Maria Lennartz
    February 8, 2018 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

Beautiful gorgeous cookies, like to be at the high tea party!!!
    Love all your creative work and talents.

February 12, 2018 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Would have loved to see you there too! Thanks Maria! xo

5. Esther
    February 10, 2018 at 9:58 am | Permalink

wish I could be there. Beautiful job Marion!

February 12, 2018 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Hi Esther, not too far to go, just a few provinces! ;-D

6. Jennifer L Bergamini
    February 13, 2018 at 9:55 am | Permalink

His love is unending. I’m so glad he sent a precious reminder to your friend during her time of unimaginable grief.
    I have missed your posts too!

February 13, 2018 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Thank you Jennifer for commenting! xo

7. Katie
    March 18, 2018 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

These are amazing!! Love the story too- how inspiring. How did you do the design on the spoon? Is that all piping??

March 29, 2018 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Thanks Katie! Yes the spoon has piping on it using a tip #1.