For this video, I’m thrilled to be collaborating with Haniela’s, Krazy Kool Cakes, Montreal Confections, Pink Cake Princess and Renee Connor Design, on making holiday-related sweets. You can find their videos by clicking here. My contribution is angel cookies. If you’d like to make them too, all the information you’ll need is below.
If you can’t see the video click here.
Wishing you lots of fun holiday baking! xo
How to Decorate Angel Cookies With Royal Icing
Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
What you’ll need to make the dough (these are affiliate links):
*I would like you to know that I will receive an affiliate commission if you purchase the Dough E-Z mat through my site and I only recommend products that I love and use myself. You can get 10% off your purchase of the Dough E-Z mat with coupon code sweetopia.
The cookie design is from this Shutterstock.com image here, by svaga. The cookie cutter is custom made, and is a little bit different than the original image (size and angle of dress) and you can find it in HowSweetisThat’s online store here.
What you’ll need (these are affiliate links):
- Piping Tips – PME #1, PME #1.5, PME #2
- Piping Bags
- Gel paste colors
- Scribe Tool or Toothpicks
- Edible Black Pen
- Rolkem Edible Gold Dust
- Rolkem Quick Dry Essence
- Light Blue Edible Dust
- White Pearl Edible Dust
- Wilton Paintbrushes (only used for food)
- Angel Image for tracing (Image purchase on Shutterstock if freehand is challenging for you, like me!)
This video on outlining and flooding is a good place to start if you’re new to decorating cookies with royal icing. These cookie decorating basics YouTube videos may also be helpful to get you started.
Besides the video tutorial on YouTube which I’ve shared here, I’ve also shared a few how-to videos on Instagram, which you can see here.
- I loved making these cookies and will definitely make them again. I will change the width of the horn near the angel’s mouth though, making it somewhat wider. That would make it easier to fill with icing.
- By the time I thought to decorate more ethnicities I had only one more cookie left to decorate; next time I’ll do a wider variety and different hair lengths.
- Same with the dress… For simplicity’s sake I did all of them the same, but it would be fun to play with different colors and details.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to drop me a line below in the comment section or on social media. You can find me on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube.