May 19

Summer Cookies and Cupcakes

I have a real thing for summer. In particular, the temperatures experienced here during the summer months. I mean, there’s nothing like a warm breeze to lift my spirits, make me smile… and to make me want to bake happy, beachy, pastel, whimsical treats.

As you may have seen if you’ve been following me here and there, especially on Instagram, our home is being renovated, and the lack of a kitchen makes it a little more challenging to bring my baking ideas to fruition. They’ll just have to wait, for a few more weeks until I visit my lovely friend Kim again, who graciously has offered her kitchen up for use. Until then, I’m sharing some summer sweet ideas with you, perhaps to help feed your summer baking desire, or to inspire you for a particular decorating theme. I hope you have fun, and I would love to see what you come up with, if you’d like to share your photos on Google+, Facebook, Instagram (tag @sweetopia_), Twitter, or just leave me a comment here.

Happy baking!

Summer Cookie and Cupcake Ideas

Click on the link below each photo, to find the corresponding post:

Chocolate Seashell Cupcakes

Citrus Cookie Recipe and Tutorial

Ice Cream Cookies

Buttercream Frosting Recipe

Chocolate Beehive Cupcakes

Rose Themed Cupcakes & How to stop cupcake liners from peeling away from cupcakes

How to Avoid Spots on Icing ~ Beachy Decorated Cookies

How to Make Sugar Lace Cookies

Cherry Cookie How-To

Cherry Coconut Cupcakes

1. May 19, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

How talented are you. I am in awe of your work. Brilliant!!!

2. May 19, 2013 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

Everything looks so wonderful. I’m sure you can’t wait to have your kitchen back, but I’m really sure you will LOVE it when it’s completed!

3. May 20, 2013 at 5:42 am | Permalink

Ohhhh what a lovely collection you posted here, Marian.
    Love all the blogposts, really rises my mood and it feels all summary up in here 🙂
    Thanks so much for sharing your summer cookies with us all.

Wishing you a happy Monday, love.

Much love,
    niner 🙂

4. May 20, 2013 at 9:17 am | Permalink

What a fabulous collection of summer cookies and cupcakes! I am definitely ready for summer, and these little works of art have pushed all sorts of my summer memory buttons… absolutely stunning.
    🙂
    Valerie

May 20, 2013 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Hi @ Diane {Created by Diane}: I am reeeeallly looking forward to it, yes. 🙂 Practically jumping up and down!

Wishing you a happy Monday as well, @ niner bakes // ninerbakes.com! xo

@ A Canadian Foodie, @ Asmita: Thanks for your lovely comments!

6. May 20, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

What a great selection of pretty treats for the summer!

7. May 20, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

the beehive cupcakes are so cute! everything looks lovely 🙂

8. May 20, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

I love this round-up! Everything is so adorable and made with such precision. wow.

9. Novi
    May 20, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Lovely creations you have Marian!! You are such an inspiration.. thank you for sharing your expertise.

10. May 20, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

So many beautiful ideas!!!

11. May 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Great collection of cookies! Thanks! 🙂

12. May 20, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Such a fab round-up, you are so talented! Love the cherries especially :).

May 20, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the lovely comments! xo

14. May 20, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Love all these summer inspired ideas!

15. May 20, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

These are awesome! I love the sailboats. I can’t wait to make some summer cookies soon.

16. May 20, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Girl, you are so talented.

I hope the reno isn’t driving you nuts. Remember, it will all be worth it!

May 20, 2013 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

@ Heather, @ Gaby: Thanks! 🙂

18. May 20, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

LOVE that plate in the first picture!! so picturesque of summer!! love these ideas and they’re always so perfect!

19. May 22, 2013 at 9:22 am | Permalink

For some reason, I always have loved the citrus cookies. They look so yummy! You are an incredible inspiration 🙂

20. May 22, 2013 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Oh my word! You are honestly one of the most talented people on this planet! Those crab cookies are too cute… pinning!

21. May 23, 2013 at 10:14 am | Permalink

These are all just so gorgeous!!!

22. June 13, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

Your work is marvelous!

23. Demettre
    September 2, 2013 at 2:56 am | Permalink

Un vrai souhait, se rencontrer un jour quand je serais en bonne sante de marche, pour vous exprimer mon admiration pour votre talent, desoleee, je n ecris pas en anglais
    Patricia, de Paris- France

24. Joan
    June 23, 2015 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

You are a very talented lady! Everything here is just beautiful. I would like to try my hand at making those Chocolate-Beehive cupcakes, but the link seems to be broken and I can’t access the directions. HELP!!

• June 24, 2015 at 6:00 am | Permalink

Hi Joan,
      I tried the link a few times and it’s working. Maybe let the page load for a little longer and then try clicking?