Jan 31

Valentine’s Day Cookie & Cupcake Ideas

Simple Valentine Cookies

It’s been quiet around Sweetopia this January as we’re in the midst of renovating our home, and cookie decorating isn’t as feasible in the area we’re ‘camping out in’ (as we like to call it), but Valentine’s Day is already almost around the corner, so I thought I’d share some cookie and cupcake ideas that are surely a way into your recipient’s heart.

Love Cupcakes

It’s amazing how much people love to receive sweets. Even the most health conscious person appreciates the love and care which goes into making pretty edibles, and an added bonus – it’s as much fun giving the sweets away as it is making them.

I hope you have fun planning and baking, and happy sweet {early} Valentine’s to you!

Valentine Cupcakes & How do you store royal icing?

Valentine Fairy Cookies

Edible Lace Cookies

Key to the Heart Cupcakes

Parisian Love Cookies {Video}

Stencilled Valentine Cookies {Video}

And if you like video, here’s how I made the simple Valentine cookies at the top of this post:

Outlining and Filling Cookies with Royal Icing {Video Tutorial}

If you can’t see the video, click here.

1. Julia
    January 31, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

I would like you to make a video of you decorating the dogs and towers. This would help me understand better how to make these.

January 31, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Hi @ Julia: Click on the pink link underneath the Paris dog and tower cookies; the video is in that post.

3. January 31, 2013 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

They are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

4. January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Everything is so pretty and cute. Love the fairy cookie.

5. February 1, 2013 at 5:41 am | Permalink

Gorgeous post as always inspiring Iand beautiful love
    Wish you a wonderful month full of love and happiness xo

6. February 1, 2013 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Beautiful cookies, beautiful cupcakes, beautiful photos, beautiful EVERYTHING!

7. February 1, 2013 at 9:06 am | Permalink

GIRL…. you are such an artist! Everything looks marvelous. :)

8. February 1, 2013 at 9:27 am | Permalink

So many great ideas for the day of love!

9. Maria Theresia
    February 1, 2013 at 9:56 am | Permalink

beautiful,thank you for sharing all your creatiev idees.

10. February 1, 2013 at 10:06 am | Permalink

these are such adorable ideas to spread the love!! :)

11. February 1, 2013 at 10:21 am | Permalink

omg the Edible Lace Cookies are so gorgeous!! Love them

12. February 1, 2013 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Adorable cookies! You make it look so simple to get such cute.

13. February 1, 2013 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Adorable ideas! Love every single one… especially the lace cookies. Those are beautiful!

14. February 1, 2013 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Perfect for Valentines day!

15. February 1, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

These are all just soooooo adorable! You are such a great talent :)

16. Tina Dahl
    February 1, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

I first saw your Eiffel Tower ccokies on the Tom Kat Studio site, which were featured in Kate’s Glamour Girl in Paris party….I have tried in vain to find a cookie vendor on etsy that can match your talents, no one comes close at all. I sooooo wish you took orders for these….sigh…….

17. Roshini
    February 2, 2013 at 2:06 am | Permalink

these are so adorable

February 2, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Hi @ Tina Dahl: Have you checked out these cookie makers? http://sweetopia.net/cookie-decorator-directory/
    xo

19. Andrea
    February 3, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Patience is a virtue when it comes to remodeling especially kitchens. It will be well worth the inconvenience. I am looking forward to your Easter / Spring cookies for inspiration. Hopefully the project will be completed by then.

20. February 3, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Hi @ Andrea: Yes, it is. :) It sounds like you’ve been through it (?). It will definitely be well worth the inconvenience, and in the meantime, browsing Pinterest is fun. Thanks for visiting me here. xo

21. February 3, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the comments everyone! xo

22. Lisa Cornely
    February 3, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

So many different types of lovely valentine treats. They are all so beautiful Marian.

23. February 3, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

These look beautiful. I love the ones with the edible lace on – almost too good to eat!

24. February 4, 2013 at 11:13 am | Permalink

You and your cookies are amazing!! Happy Monday :)

25. February 4, 2013 at 11:51 am | Permalink

your paris dogs are still one of my favorites:)

26. Kim
    February 4, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

How do you frost the cupcakes on the pink stand? I like the simple look.

27. February 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

@ Kim: I do have a video on how I frost cupcakes. You can find it under the tab at the top, Categories, and then under Videos. Should be a title something like How to Make a Cupcake Swirl. Use a large round tip and then smoosh the icing into a bowl of sanding sugar. Hope that helps!

28. February 5, 2013 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

Well I am glad you are back! I am relieved your absence is because you are obtaining a fabulous new space. I was a bit worried your family had been hit with that monster flu that is going around, it seems to be wiping out all my favorite bloggers :(

29. Katie
    February 5, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Your cookies look amazing! Just one question though, is there any other way you can trace an image aside from using a kopykake projector? Thanks!

February 5, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Hi @ Cheyenne: Funny you should say that! I didn’t mention it, but I also experienced the worst flu I’ve ever had a few weeks ago… I’m better now but not at my same energy level just yet. So I guess a lot of people have had it! Hope you’re doing well and thanks for commenting here. xo

Hi @ Katie: Yes, you can. I’ve mentioned alternatives near the end of the kopykake tutorial. You can find the tutorial at the very bottom of the site… there’s a title which says Tutorials… it’s the last one. xo

31. Jen
    February 6, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Ok…so I need a tutorial or help on how you tint your icing! :) I can’t get my icing to ever be bold. My red is very light, my blue is the same! What type of coloring do you use and do you have any tricks or tips on how to achieve the great deep colors you get? I searched your tutorials but didn’t see any, sorry if I missed it!

Thanks!!

32. elise koenig
    February 6, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

how many cups is in the mesaurment for powdered sugar in royal icing recipie?

33. mari
    February 7, 2013 at 12:18 am | Permalink

I saw your videos and I was asking are the cookies cooked or was it made

February 7, 2013 at 9:04 am | Permalink

HI @ Jen: Here is a post on how I color my icing black… it’s the same idea for red, just a different color; http://sweetopia.net/2011/05/how-to-color-royal-icing-black/

Hi @ mari: If I’m understanding your question correctly, the cookies were baked.

@ elise koenig: It’s always best to weigh with such a fine product like icing sugar, so I’m sorry, I don’t have the cup conversion.

35. February 9, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

What wonderful ideas for Valentine’s Day- I especially love the edible lace cookies. Can’t wait to try them myself- thanks for sharing!

February 19, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Thanks @ Barbara!

37. March 11, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Marian,

I was recommended to your site because I have a sweet tooth myself – would love to see some frosting tips for cupcakes on your site as well as compote’s. I bake as a hobby when I’m not blogging myself.

v/r,
    camilleray.com

38. already almost
    July 20, 2014 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

So I guess a lot of people have had it Hope you’re doing nike air max well and thanks for commenting here

1. [...] Sweetopia: Valentine’s Cookie & Cupcake Ideas [...]