Dec 10

Christmas Wreath Decorated Cookies & More

Decorating something quick and easy is what I was in the mood for when I went to use my leftover gingerbread dough.

These decorated wreath cookies are easy peasy lemon squeezy to make.

I tried a few different piping tips for the wreath ‘branches’ and have labelled each picture with the piping tip etc. I used for those branches.

If you’d like to make these, the list of the things you’ll need is below.

Holly berries add a bit of color.

What you’ll need to make Christmas Wreath Decorated Cookies:

I just had to show you a few other things before the Christmas season is over.  The first one you may have seen already; I stumbled across them last year, and haven’t forgotten them because they’re so extremely adorable.

Megan of NotMartha.org is the talent behind these sweet creations.  You can find a how-to on them here.  Her site is a must-see if you haven’t been there already; it’s chock full of creative ideas and tutorials.

Second, this practical find from Costco.  I’ve had it for months and keep meaning to share it here.

It’s a cupcake carrier, but works so well for storing or transporting cookies.

And last but not least, in the spirit of Christmas, I’d like to share a wonderful thing Kraft is doing this holiday season, appropriately called Recipe for Joy.

For every FREE e-card you send between now and December 31st, Kraft Canada will donate $2.00 to Food Banks Canada.

Visit www.KraftRecipeforJoy.com and send a FREE e-card.  An easy way to help the hungry and share some recipes too.

*Note:  It may take a minute for the page to load.  The holiday gifts they mention at the beginning are free holiday recipes.

1. linda
    December 23, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

this is a great post! you are so very talented…

thank you for all the great “tips…no pun intended!

(this post JUST appeared in my reader…do not know why but perhaps that is why there are no comments as yet)

wishing you a very happy & joyous holiday season & wishes for a bright new year!

2. December 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Oh Marian!! I just love the way you decorated the wreath! So pretty and I love the 3D look. Also, those little gingerbread houses are the cutest!! LOVE! ♥♥♥

3. Tracy
    December 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Seriously?!! Those birdhouses are just the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! And, oh how I wish I could decorate cookies like you do. I can’t even get past the burnt baking process Ü
    Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations!!
    Merry Christmas!!

4. Tara
    December 23, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

I use Antonia’s royal icing recipe and how it turns out for me is never that thick. Am I doing something completely wrong? What consistency would you say it needs to be to do that piping with the leaf/star tip?

December 23, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

@ Tara:
    That’s the recipe I use. I mix mine for the full 10 minutes – try mixing it longer; that helps thicken it. Another option is adding more icing sugar a little bit at a time until you’re happy with the consistency.
    It has to be thick enough so that when you dip a spoon in and lift, the icing stands straight up. If you’re still not sure, take the star tip, press some icing through it and see if the stars hold their shape.
    Hope that helps.

6. December 23, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

I love, love, love your wreaths! The birdhouses are adorable and I saw that carrier at Costco a few months ago. Didn’t pick it up and wishing I had. Hopefully it is there when I make my next trip. Merry Christmas Marian! All the best to you and your family in the New Year.

7. December 23, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

Love your wreaths, Marian! Wish they bring those carriers to Costco… Wishing you the best holidays!!

8. December 23, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

I love the cookies! Also, thank you so much for sharing the Kraft site. I have been meaning to donate food, but haven’t gotten out to do it yet. This I a great way to help out the hungry. I try to donate food at other times during the year too, because it seems the food banks are short especially when it’s not holiday season.

Happy holidays!

9. December 23, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

I love the wreaths! Thanks for sharing…very timely on my cookie decorating project. =)

10. December 23, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous cookies as always!! Happy Holidays! :)

11. nabz
    December 24, 2010 at 1:03 am | Permalink

I’m so in love with your work! How do you get the icing on the cookie so neat??I know you use a projector…but still? I normally use sugar frosting..is royal icing better for some reason?

12. Kimberly
    December 24, 2010 at 4:53 am | Permalink

You had way too much time on your hands this week, you should have been at my house yesterday and today doing my Gingerbread houses and cookies :) As always, you are far too talented!

13. December 24, 2010 at 4:54 am | Permalink

The leaf tip is so perfect for the little wreaths! What a great idea, they turned out so nice! Merry Christmas!

14. December 24, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Thank you for showing all your beautiful cookies, tips and tricks over the past year!
    I love your website and look forward to reading it every time.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family and a very happy 2011!!!

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sweetopia. Sweetopia said: {Thannk you!} RT @VanillaBeanBake: RT @sweetopia {New Post} Christmas Wreath Decorated Cookies & More http://bit.ly/ebmbcl [...]

2. By Cookie wreaths | You do too much on January 11, 2011 at 4:03 pm

[...] got the idea for these fabulous cookies from Sweetopia – a wonderfully inspiring sugarcraft blog – and thought I’d make some as a [...]

3. [...] Christmas wreath cookies [...]