Dec 23

Gingerbread Toy Shop

gingerbread toy shop 2

If you’re looking for gingerbread house inspiration, I can’t tell you how awesome Teresa Layman’s books are.  I’ve only mentioned her a kazillion times already.

I copied her Gingerbread Toy Shop back in 2003 and ended up raffling it off at the school I work at.

Our principal won it.  Fair and square – really it wasn’t rigged!

gingerbread toy store close up

This post has to be short and sweet - Off to finish some Christmas cookies!

simple little gingerbread house

1. December 23, 2009 at 9:12 am | Permalink

You are so incredibly talented! Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas!

2. Kimmie
    December 23, 2009 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

I took a picture of my gumball Gingerbread houses….haha…and the icing is still soft…

3. December 23, 2009 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

Send me the pic Kimmie ;-)
    You need a dif. icing recipe! lol

4. February 3, 2010 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Sweetopia is one of MY favorite things!!
    :-}

5. October 22, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

I just found your site by accident.It is really awesome!! I often checked my favorite site “roseysugar” but I got more inspiration when I find your stuff on the site!!
    I am going to visit here often from this moment!!
    From Japan

6. Dara
    November 27, 2010 at 1:16 am | Permalink

I love ur gingerbread house especially the toy shop one!

7. Lisa
    November 30, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

For Christmas Eve this year our family is having a gingerbread house contest and I would love to duplicate your toy shop! Would you mind sharing if you have a pattern for the pieces? Thanks!!!

December 1, 2010 at 12:47 am | Permalink

@ Lisa:
    No problem. Click on the the link above (Teresa Layman), and it will show you the book I got it from. I’m sorry I can’t physically share the pattern due to copyright.

1. By Marian’s Light Gingerbread Cookies on August 12, 2011 at 10:19 am

[...] scene raining down upon it, Facebook and YouTube creations of lustre dust, sparkling sugar and sprinkles that have captured the decorating imagination of thousands.  Since 2009, Sweetopia has continually [...]