These oatmeal raisin cookies make the perfect DIY gift or addition to your holiday treats. Place them in a cookie tin or cellophane bag tied with ribbon for a little personal touch.Jump to Recipe
Perhaps Santa would like to try a plate of these!
This is going to be short and sweet! If you’re in need of a simple cookie recipe or homemade gift idea, these cookies are it!
Happy baking and happy holidays to you!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 pound salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 extra large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned or large flake oats
- 1 1/2 cups Thompson raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the oats and raisins and mix until just incorporated.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (I use 1.5 inch), or a Tablespoon, drop mounds of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing them a few inches apart. Flatten the cookie dough slightly with a dampened hand. Bake until lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack to cool.