Happy Thursday! It’s a wee bit early for these little fellas, but I’m already gearing up for my holiday baking and I’m finally ready to share a how-to video for these mini snowmen and penguin cookies.
Video Tutorial – How to Decorate Mini Snowmen and Penguin Cookies
I first shared them a few years ago, in this post for the perfect peanut butter cut-out cookie.
If you’d like to make them to, find what you’ll need below:
I used two circle cutters to cut out the top and bottom of the snowmen and penguins, and baked the pieces together. The larger circle is approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter and the smaller one, about 1/2 an inch (1.3 cm) in diameter.
You’ll need to cut a little bit of the smaller circle out with the larger circle cutter and then place them together. They will adhere to one another when baked.
What you’ll need (some of these are affiliate links):
- Piping Tips – PME #1.5, PME #2.5 and PME #3
- Piping Bags
- Gel paste colors
- Scribe Tool or Toothpicks
- Sanding Sugar
- Coffee Filter
This video on outlining and flooding is a good place to start if you’re new to decorating cookies with royal icing. These cookie decorating basics YouTube videos may also be helpful to get you started.
Besides the video tutorial on YouTube which I’ve shared above, I’ve also shared a few how-to videos on Instagram, which you can see here.
- You can find the jars here.
- These cookies will be frozen to keep them as fresh as possible for Christmas time. Find a post on freezing cookies here.
- Tips on drying decorated cookies.
- If you’re baking a little closer to Christmas than I am, here’s a post for you on the shelf life of cookies.
- Thanks to A Couple of Squares for the design ideas!
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to drop me a line below in the comment section or on social media. You can find me on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube.