May 18

Beach Weekend

carter-beach-300x450

This is who I spent time with this weekend.

carter-beach2

We drove 4 hours each way to spend time with family.  Wouldn’t you?!

carter-beach-6

This is my nephew Carter.

carter-dave-comparison1

I think he looks a lot like Dave when he was a baby.

carter-beach3

Speaking of my husband… the men had some fun in their new rubber dingy.

carter-4

I got completely soaked when Dave and I went.  Oh darn, no one took pictures of that.

carter-beach-7

We did take pictures of gramma’s newest furry friend though.

Isn’t she cute!?  More about her another day.

1. May 19, 2009 at 6:03 am | Permalink

nice pictures! looks like you guys had a great time. 🙂 i just have to ask, is that a tame squirrel?

2. Diane
    May 19, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

OMGOSH! He looks just like your husband!
    What a handsome young man he is!
    Looks like you all had a great time!

3. May 19, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

Asa, she is ‘kind of’ tame… We didn’t get her from a pet store or anything though and will let her go when she’s ready, so we don’t want her to be toooo friendly with humans.
    She is SOOOOO adorable though. I’m having too much fun playing with her… so much that I’m not blogging or making cookies! ^_^ I’ll post lots of pics and the whole story soon.

4. Kerri
    May 19, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Looks like a great weekend Marian! Even looks sunny and warm! Not where we were – brrr! See you at the “Fever”.

5. May 19, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness you have one CUTE little boy on your hands! He is just a little man in that first photo looking at the ocean! How adorable!

6. May 19, 2009 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

That little boy is completly adorable!

7. May 19, 2009 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

awww….your nephew is adorable!!

8. May 20, 2009 at 8:55 am | Permalink

very nice photo’s…it looks you all had a great time.
    cute nephew….

9. Gaye
    May 20, 2009 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Awwww – Thats the cutest little Toe Head I’ve seen in a looong while!! (Im NOT talking about the baby squirrel either!) He’s a Q-T!!
    Glad ya’ll had a nice week-end .. I cant think of much better than family, friends and being together! (well, um – maybe cookies, cakes, pies ….. ) =)

10. May 20, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

hahahahaha…he totally looks like your husband when he was younger!! Looks like you all had a great weekend 🙂 We all need more long weekends!

11. June 2, 2009 at 5:36 am | Permalink

What a steady hand you must have for all those details! I love the sparkles too, very beautiful!

12. June 2, 2009 at 7:26 am | Permalink

The cutest thing!!

13. ruth
    June 14, 2009 at 10:04 am | Permalink

It’s nice to see “Sophia” enjoying such a nice family setting! Alice told me she is progressing well…we miss her tho!
    Love your cookie designs!…I’m inspired to do some baking now! My kids will love it!

TTYL,