Nov 29

{Video} Stand Mixer Cookie Tutorial

Besides their obvious usefulness, there’s just something special about stand mixers, isn’t there? If buying one for yourself or a loved one isn’t in the budget this Christmas, perhaps making a small, edible version would be fun.

You may remember when I made 120 of these for KitchenAid Canada. I’ve finally managed to finish the video (above), and you can find the full written tutorial here.

A few more photo examples can be found here.

Happy decorating!

1. November 30, 2014 at 10:45 am | Permalink

OMG, what did I just watch?! This is really too adorable :O I have so little patience with decorating cookies. But you…What an amazing job! I watched this video in awe :’) And when you shake the cookie to smooth the icing… It’s like magic xD

2. Marian N
    November 30, 2014 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

Just adorable.. I marvel at your artistry and skill. Marian N

3. Kimberly Q.
    November 30, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

I don’t get really excited much. Your skills are off the charts. I want my royal icing to look crisp and smooth like yours. Many props to you.

4. Romina
    November 30, 2014 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

These, as always, are incredible!
    They are my favourite cookie you’ve shared with us on the blog.
    I wish I could do this!

5. Maria Theresia
    December 1, 2014 at 9:41 am | Permalink

This is incredible! What a talent and steady hand you have!
    So much to learn from you. Thank you for sharing all your knowledge!
    Have a great Monday.

6. December 1, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Woow ! They look fantastic !! I admire you and loove your blog !!
    Marie

7. Kathy
    December 1, 2014 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Great video. Looking forward to seeing more. Thank you.

8. annie
    December 1, 2014 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I’m in awe. I didn’t know you could do that with icing (the whole shaking to smooth out the design part). Please send me a cookie. <3.

9. December 3, 2014 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much for your comments everyone! xo

10. Madame Baker
    December 6, 2014 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Wow, they’re so adorable! And colorful!

11. Karen
    December 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Where can I get the cookie cutter for these?

December 14, 2014 at 9:50 am | Permalink

Hi Karen,
      I mention in the post that I got it at ecrandal.com, although they seem to be out right now. CheapCookieCutters.com has a similar one.
      Happy decorating!

12. January 5, 2015 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the awesome video. I’ve been watching your blog for a while, but somehow didn’t know you used a #1 tip for your flood edges. What a great way to make sure the edges look smooth. Thanks Marian! Your work is SO inspiring.

January 5, 2015 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Awww, Jes, thanks so much! xo

14. January 7, 2015 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

I love watching your videos! I have easily watched your tutorials for hours and lost track of time. You should really know that when it comes to decorating cookies I wanna be just like you one day! In fact as an alumni of Youtube University, in learning the art of decorating sweets, you are one of my favorite professors!

1. […] Update – there is now a video tutorial, here. […]

2. By Baking News / {Video} Stand Mixer Cookie Tutorial on January 3, 2015 at 10:12 pm

[…] Click Here To Read Full Article […]

3. By How to Decorate Stand Mixer Cookies on January 29, 2015 at 11:21 am

[…] are ton of videos on the Sweetopia YouTube channel and if you love making pretty sweets then this is for you! You can also check out […]