Dec 07

Bakerella in Toronto!

bakerella-in-toronto-590x885

This adorable lady doesn’t need explaining; I’m sure you already know who she is; it’s Bakerella, and she was in Toronto this past weekend! I can’t tell you how excited I was (actually we were), to hear she was coming; my friend Kim and I have been talking about it for weeks.

She was so lovely in every way!  (Sorry about the camera settings in some of these photos b.t.w.)

Loved the shoes Bakerella – so Barbarella!

Her mom, Sandy, was such a sweetheart too.  Here she is with Bakerella and Kim.

Of course we had to get some pics of the charming cake pops.

They’re adorable and delicious!  If you haven’t seen her feast-for-the-eyes blog Bakerella yet, you need to go check it out!  Angie’s site is full of amazingly creative sweet treats where she shares easy to follow visual how-tos and more.

Here I am with Bakerella getting my Cake Pops book signed.

Here’s Kim, Bakerella and a Christmas Elf.  😉

Some of Bakerella’s fans made her the cutest gifts; like these sweet ‘cupcake pop ornaments’. (I forgot to get your name but would love to chat with you.  If you see this post please email me).

Thanks to Bakerella for these cute cake pop buttons!

I had fun making these cookies for Angie.

*{The dress image is from a print I bought from VP-Artworks of Deviant Art.}

Cookie pops for the Queen of Pops.

Bakerella, thank you so much for coming to Canada!  It was so much fun to talk with you!

p.s.  For those of you who went to the Williams-Sonoma book signing on Saturday, I’d love to see pics if you’d like to share them on my facebook page here.

1. December 7, 2010 at 8:16 am | Permalink

SUCH an adorable post! Your bouquet is completely perfect. Love love love it!

2. December 7, 2010 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Looks like you all had so much fun with Bakerella!

3. December 7, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

She must have loved your cookie pops!

4. linda
    December 7, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

what fun!!

5. December 7, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

Your cookies are always marvelous! I am sure Bakerella loved your cookies so much! By the way, I love the size of your cookies^^

6. December 7, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Hey Marian,
    Love, love, love this post! You actually beat me to the punch! My post has the exact same title but I have not yet had a chance to post it. Rich and I were fortunate enough to be at Williams Sonoma on Saturday and there will be many pics on my site by Monday. We also hung out with Angie later that day…what a doll!
    Love your cookie pops. I need some lessons from you!
    Melissa 😉

7. sue
    December 7, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

Oh I love her and wished i could have gone, thanks for the great pics.

8. Serene
    December 7, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Wow…my two heroes together!! Double wow!!
    Marian…I had a question too and this gives me the opportunity to ask! I am planning on making rainbow cookies using multiple colors of your royal icing recipe. Should I pipe the colors all one after another or should I wait for one to dry and then the next? Looks wise I will be OK with either look..but I wasn’t sure about bleeding. I plan to do a Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red…not exactly VIBGYOR.
    Thanks in advance!
    Serene

9. Tara
    December 7, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Love it! Cookies pops of cake pops has got to be some sort of life imitating art…or something like that!
    ~Tara

10. December 7, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

Aaahh why do i live so far away!!!
    (can you believe there only 2 sites where you can order decorated sugarcookies!) I can’t even get her book in the store, have to order it.
    So love the internet! I’m going to make my first gingerbreadhouse ever this weekend, so of you have any tips or howto’s, there very welkom
    Greetings from the Netherlands, Rianne

December 7, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

@ Melissa:
    Your husband’s proposal to you via Bakerella was just so thoughtful and sweet. That’s wonderful that you three got to finally meet! Looking forward to the post!

@ Serene:
    I’d probably do one color at a time, letting each one almost completely dry before I added the next one. That’s just me though!

Thank you all for the comments!

12. Kimmie
    December 8, 2010 at 9:11 am | Permalink

I had a great time with you Marian, as I always do….I know that you all don’t realize this but the pics do not do any justice at all to how absolutely beautiful the large cookie of Bakerella was…all the cookies for that matter! You are truly the best cookie decorator that I have seen!

13. December 8, 2010 at 9:54 am | Permalink

@ Serene:
    I agree…double wow! =)

14. December 9, 2010 at 9:34 am | Permalink

I totally agree with Kimmie. You are the best cookie decorator I have ever seen as well! I love how the dress on the large Bakerella cookie has an “A” for “Angie”. OR am I seeing things? Anyways, I’m glad you had a great time and found the time to post about it.

December 9, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

@ Marie:
    Pretty cheesy of me wasn’t it. ;-D (The letter A)

16. December 11, 2010 at 3:09 am | Permalink

I don’t think it’s cheesy at all. It’s subtle and totally works!

17. December 11, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Two of my idols in the SAME place at once?! Where was I?! 🙂 Gorgeous cookies as always Marian. 🙂

18. Alli
    December 11, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

OMG – did you put Angie (Bakerella’s) face on the princess??? That is soooo funny! and the cakepop book as a present under the tree? heehee or am I not seeing it correctly. If so, than wicked cute idea! I am a newbie to your blog (just found it linkd to Bakerella’s site) and I think that your stuff is just fabulous!!!

19. Susan
    December 12, 2010 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Hello Marian! I have been delving through Sweetopia for an hour now gazing at your site! WOW! It is BEAUTIFUL!
    I also was on Angie (Bakerella’s) site and saw your email so I wanted to log on. So impressed with all that I have found! Wonderful site! Looking forward to coming back again!
    Susan J. Sias
    Pastry Chef
    Chocolatier
    Wilton Method Instructor
    Louisville Hobby Lobby
    Broomfield Hobby Lobby
    Colorado, United States

20. December 13, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Great photos, Marian!!!
    I love the one of you and Angie~~

21. December 16, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Those cookies are SO cute! And Bakerella’s shoes!!! LOVE!!! Could that girl be any more adorable?!?

Marian…you look beautiful as ALWAYS!

22. January 5, 2011 at 3:18 am | Permalink

Hi Marian!

I love the post! The Acts of Sweetness Team had the pleasure of meeting Bakerella when she was in Toronto as well, great time!

We’re running a contest for all those Cake Pop and Bakerella lovers out there! The information is on our Facebook page. For all the info click here: http://www.facebook.com/redpathsugar?ref=ts

🙂 Happy Baking!

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sweetopia, Renee Goerger . Renee Goerger said: Very fun post Marian! RT @sweetopia @bakerella Queen of Pops in Toronto =) http://fb.me/C5aLxlNj . […]

2. By Shortbread Cookie Recipe | Sweetopia on January 23, 2012 at 10:05 pm

[…] The taste difference between it and my sugar cookie recipe is subtle, but this one definitely tastes like a traditional shortbread, and *gasp* has one whole cup of cornstarch in it! I couldn’t believe it when I first made it, and was a little doubtful about how successful the recipe would be, but it turns out that the cornstarch in this version of shortbread is what helps give the cookie a ‘melt-in-your-mouth’ sensation. Thanks to my dear friend Kim whom I adore, for sharing her family’s recipe with me… She’s not on-line, but she’s crazy about baking too, and we’ve experienced many sweet adventures together. […]