Mar 27

Masquerade Mask Cookies

3320740058_37a207e1d2

I made gingerbead cookies a few years ago for a masquerade theme party a friend of mine had.

The cookie is flooded with a cream colour royal icing and coated in disco dust.  You can see a larger version of this photo here.

Thanks to Peggy Porschen and her book, Beautiful Cakes, for the idea!  I adore her work, and out of the many ‘sugar art’ decorating books I have, hers is definitely my favourite.  She explains her steps so thoroughly, has great recipes, and her projects are mainly relatively easy to make.

1. March 27, 2009 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

These are beautiful. Yum-O

March 27, 2009 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Thanks Kathy!

3. March 27, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

Those are amazing. You can’t even tell that it is cream colored icing under there. Silver is probably a hard color to achieve, even with the dust. Great job!

4. sally apple
    May 20, 2009 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

elegant.

5. teddi
    May 31, 2009 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

These Are Fantastic! I’m Getting Married On 10/31/09 And It’s A Masquerade Themed Wedding! Do You Make And Sell These Cookies?

6. May 31, 2009 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

Thank you everyone!

teddi, I don’t sell them, but if you showed a pic of them to a cake decorator in your area, they could probably replicate them!! They’re welcome to email me with any questions as well.
    Thanks for asking in the first place though!! I’m flattered! :blush:

May 8, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

P.s. I’ve had some emails regarding these cookies and how to use disco dust. Here’s a post on applying disco dust to wet icing:

8. Stara
    January 12, 2011 at 1:46 am | Permalink

Hello,

How can I order these cookies?

January 12, 2011 at 8:38 am | Permalink

I don’t do orders but check out the talented cookie decorators HERE.

1. By How to Decorate Mardi Gras Mask Cookies | Sweetopia on November 7, 2011 at 5:38 am

[…] made them before (one of the first posts on my blog two years ago, right here -don’t laugh too hard ) and have always wanted to try them […]