These cookies are perfect for beginners and fun to decorate at any level. I’ll share all the basic how-to’s below, please feel free to leave questions if you have them. Thanks to Doodlebug Design Inc. most of the design ideas and to How Sweet is That? for having the cutters custom made for me. You can also find the cutters here, if you’d like to make them too. If you like videos, you can find a full royal icing guide here and a complete guide to making cut out cookies here.
How to Decorate Mini Christmas Cookies – Simple Designs for Beginners
Click here if you can’t see the video.
You can find the cookie cutters I used by clicking on the corresponding words below:
- Mini Tree Cookie Cutter
- Mini Mrs. Claus Cookie Cutter
- Mini Santa Cookie Cutter
- Mini Candy Cane Cutter
- Mini Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter
- Mini Christmas Pudding Cookie Cutter
You can also find my Complete Guide to Royal Icing Consistency here.
What you’ll need (These are affiliate links):
- Piping Tips – PME #1.5, Decorating Tip PME ST50
- Piping Bags
- Gel Colors; Wilton Brown, Wilton Pink, Wilton No-Taste Red, Wilton Black, Americolor Forest Green
- Scribe Tool or Toothpicks
- Long Tweezers
- Frosting Sheet
- Snowflake Punch (make sure you check the size you want)
- Rainbow Dust Edible-Black Pen
- White Mini Non-pareils
- Silver Mini Dragees or Non-pareils
- Edible Gold Paint – Sweet Sticks
- White Sanding Sugar
- Bow Silicon Mold
- Red Fondant
- *Mini Pico Projector – You can find a full tutorial on the projector here.
This video on outlining and flooding is a good place to start if you’re new to decorating cookies with royal icing. These cookie decorating basics YouTube videos may also be helpful to get you started.
Besides the video tutorial on YouTube which I’ve shared above, I’ve also shared a few how-to videos on Instagram, which you can see here.
The video is in fast forward for the sake of time, but if you have any questions about the decorating process, please feel free to ask below!
Happy baking and decorating!