Oct 19

{Video} Easy Ghost Cookies

Happy Monday! Preferring boo-tiful to spooky, today I’m sharing a video on how to making these easy ghost cookies.

If you’re pressed for time but still want to make some custom sweets, these guys are perfect. You can find all the recipes and tools I used below the video.

Recipes

Use a recipe of your choice as your cookie base (I used my sugar cookie recipe) and cut out the ghost shapes with this cookie cutter.

You can find my favorite royal icing recipe here. The consistency of icing is key for easy decorating. Click here to see a YouTube video on finding the right icing thickness. Here are more videos on outlining and flooding etc., if you need some tips on those basics. To decorate, you’ll also need the following items:

Tools

Making Royal Icing Transfers

Here are a few videos & tutorials where I’ve shown how to make royal icing transfers:

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to drop me a line below in the comment section or on social media. You can find me on FacebookGoogle+InstagramPinterestTwitter and YouTube.

Have a boo-tiful Halloween!

1. October 20, 2014 at 12:14 am | Permalink

These ghosts are so simple and beautiful!! Your RI is always perfect 🙂

October 21, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Thanks! Yours looks that way too! xo

2. October 20, 2014 at 4:13 am | Permalink

Oh my gosh!!! This looks so adorable ♥♥ It would almost be a sin to eat these 😉

3. October 20, 2014 at 7:13 am | Permalink

Outstanding!

4. Dawn
    October 20, 2014 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Love the cookies! So cute! What did you use the shortening listed for?

October 21, 2014 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Hi Dawn,
      I used it to grease the transparency sheets for the royal icing transfers.

5. Cristina
    October 20, 2014 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

Lovely, Marian.

6. Marilyn
    October 20, 2014 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Sweetest little ghosts I’ve ever seen. You do such perfect work. Marian, I use Americolour gel colouring but cannot get my black a real deep black. It comes out grey. Any suggestions?

October 21, 2014 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

Hi Marilyn,
      Absolutely! I have a post on it here; http://sweetopia.net/2011/05/how-to-color-royal-icing-black/ In essence, I unfortunately have to use a lot of coloring to get it to the shade I want, which often leaves a bit of a bitter taste. I try to avoid using too much black for that reason. Hope that helps!

• Tere A.
      October 7, 2016 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

You can always add some melted chocolate. I tried it on my grandsons birthday cake for tractor tires. Good luck.

7. Cindi
    October 21, 2014 at 9:54 am | Permalink

These are so cute! May I ask where you got the cookie cutter from? I’ve not seen a ghost like that before! 🙂

October 21, 2014 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the comments everyone!

9. Maria Theresia
    October 21, 2014 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Beautiful little ghosts. I love them. You have a very steady hand to do the letters. Thank you for sharing.
    boo-tiful Halloween Marian

10. Cindi
    October 21, 2014 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Marian! I get all my cutters there too…LOVE them and love all your beautiful cookies 🙂

11. October 22, 2014 at 6:39 am | Permalink

I loooove these little fellas 🙂
    SO SO cute, really, Marian!

I wish I had them here at home. hihi

Many hugs to you, sweetheart,
    xoxo, niner 🙂

12. October 22, 2014 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

‘Marian, fell in love with the monogrammed cookies and then you monogrammed the ghosts.What a great idea, Tried to download the Lavanderia script after paying $5.00. Kind of an odd site. Did I do something wrong? How did you download.? I even left a message for the owner and haven’t heard back. Would appreciate how you did it, Thanks so much.

13. Verónica
    October 28, 2014 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Hermosas, muchas felicidades!
    Admiro mucho tu trabajo.

14. October 28, 2014 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

Hi Friend! Long time …. I am loving this cookie video, and now I wish I had time to attempt to make Halloween cookies. Marian, you make it look so easy! Hoping all is well …. we think of you often!

15. November 1, 2014 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Your little ghosts are absolutely precious, Marian!

November 3, 2014 at 7:51 am | Permalink

Thanks Sue! xo

1. By Finding a Schedule on October 29, 2014 at 1:52 pm

[…] Easy Ghost Cookies by Sweetopia costumes halloween […]

2. […] {Video} Easy Ghost Cookies | Sweetopia Reblogged 8 minutes ago from confectionerybliss.tumblr.com Made in Jackson Hole #Cookies #Easy #Ghost #Sweetopia #Video […]