Nov 01

Gingerbread Houses

It’s early, I know, but I’m officially starting to get excited that Christmas is around the corner… It’s about this time of the year that I start thinking about the gingerbread house I’d like to make, so I thought I’d share a few from past years if you’d like to make one too. Look out for my new one in the next little while.

Christmas Gingerbread House Ideas

Click on the link below each photo to find the corresponding post.

gingerbread-house-for-christmas

Gingerbread House Woodcutter’s Cabin

Gingerbread House Ideas

How to Make this Pink Gingerbread House {Video & Free Template}

Sweet Treats Gingerbread House

Template for Simple Gingerbread House (Printable link in post)

Gingerbread Houses with Surprises Inside!

Gingerbread Toy Shop

Gingerbread House Royal Icing {Video}

How to Make a Gingerbread House

Have fun making your gingerbread house!

1. Diána
    November 1, 2013 at 6:50 am | Permalink

Thank you! I’m so glad because i’m not the only one around the world who thinking about Christmas a lot! 🙂
    I’m not the last mohican!

November 3, 2013 at 6:05 am | Permalink

🙂

2. November 1, 2013 at 9:10 am | Permalink

Gingerbread houses are so magical! Maybe we will make one this year with Caleb. Love all of these!

November 3, 2013 at 6:06 am | Permalink

That would be fun – I’d love to see photos of that! He’s so cute!

3. November 1, 2013 at 9:19 am | Permalink

I love you Marian for just officially kicking off the Holidays in my brain!!! I do this every year with my girls,a nd maybe this year we will step it way up!

November 3, 2013 at 6:06 am | Permalink

Looking forward to seeing your house, Heather!

4. Julie Smolders
    November 1, 2013 at 9:57 am | Permalink

These are wonderful! Just the inspiration I needed as I’m planning on making gingerbread houses for all my neighbors this Christmas. I especially love all the different roof ideas! I should probably start now so I’ll be done in time!

November 3, 2013 at 6:08 am | Permalink

🙂 A neighbour of ours made us a gingerbread house every year, and it was always our family’s favorite gift!

5. November 1, 2013 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Such adorable gingerbread houses! Can’t wait to do ours this year!

6. November 1, 2013 at 10:21 am | Permalink

Girl you are so on it!! Such pretty gingerbread houses 🙂

7. November 1, 2013 at 11:00 am | Permalink

Simply amazing! I love all of the icicles!

8. November 1, 2013 at 11:33 am | Permalink

I love gingerbread houses! Yours are very pretty!

9. November 1, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the latest update on gingerbread houses. I am hosting a family Christmas tea in early December and gingerbread is my theme. My centerpieces will be my rendition of your beautiful houses from last year! I’m having a hard time finding candy. Would you be willing to share your shopping secrets?

Thank you!

November 3, 2013 at 6:12 am | Permalink

Absolutely! Candy.com, Amazon.com, our local Bulk Barn (bulk food/candy store), oldtimeconfections.com, sugarmountain.ca (The last 3 are Canadian sources, but Candy.com is great! Another person to ask would be the authors of cakelava (maybe ask on their facebook page). http://sweetopia.net/2013/10/giveaway-extreme-cakeovers-book-by-cakelava/
      Hope that helps!

10. Jenny H.
    November 1, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Hey Marian! Thanks for this lovely post! I loooove your gingerbread houses. They are so adorable and as I posted on facebook already, the pink one inspired me to host a gingerbread house decorating party for my friends 😀 I’m sooo much looking forward to this and already cut out your cute template for the houses!

Can’t wait to see your gingerbread house for this year’s christmas season! 🙂

Jenny x

November 3, 2013 at 6:14 am | Permalink

Yay! Jenny H, I’m so glad to hear that! xo

11. November 1, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Adore this! These are so pretty!!

12. Mariana
    November 1, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Love it!

13. November 1, 2013 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

omg these are GORGEOUS!

14. Cristina
    November 2, 2013 at 3:41 am | Permalink

Since last year, when I saw your gingerbread houses, I´m thinking of it. May be this year is the year; it´s not a tradition here in Spain, but someone has to start it ;-))

November 3, 2013 at 6:13 am | Permalink

Sounds like a good idea to me!

15. Karin
    November 2, 2013 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Wonderful projects! Wonderful ideas! Thanks for the cut-out template!! 🙂 Karin from Italy

16. Janis
    November 2, 2013 at 11:53 am | Permalink

You make THE most beautiful gingerbread houses I have ever seen. We haven’t made one in our family for many years, but I always look at yours and wish to do one “this year” lol.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift.

November 3, 2013 at 6:15 am | Permalink

Hope you do! xo Thanks for your nice comments!

17. November 2, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

Mmmmmm…gingerbread houses always look so creative and delicious!

18. Maria Theresia
    November 2, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

I love all of the gingerbread houses you made… especially
    the one with the surprise in it.. (a whole town of them!)
    Can’t wait to see this years look!

• November 3, 2013 at 6:16 am | Permalink

Ahh, the memories! Those were a big project. Thanks for being there to help me add the ribbon. ;-D

19. November 2, 2013 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

We’re on the same page! Friday (before we lost power) the boys and I mixed up our very first batch of gingerbread dough. 😉 We’re printing off your template tomorrow!

• November 3, 2013 at 6:17 am | Permalink

We lost power yesterday too! Such high wind!
      Have fun making your house guys!

20. November 3, 2013 at 6:17 am | Permalink

Thanks for all your kind comments everyone!

21. Radinum
    November 4, 2013 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Hi Marian, how do you keep your gingerbread house fresh and crisp? When it needs to dry for 12 hours do you keep it in a container? I have the same problem when I ice cookies,after 12 hours of drying them they go soft! Loooove your website by the way ;-)!

November 4, 2013 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Hi Radinum,
      If you put a dehumidifier on, in the room you’re working in, that should alleviate the problem! Let me know how it goes. 🙂

22. Meghan
    November 4, 2013 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Hi Marion,

Do you have a good gingerbread cookie recipe posted to make these houses? I host a gingerbread house decorating party every year and have used the pre-made packaged houses that look great but taste terrible.

23. Rocio
    November 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

Hi Marian, I love your work!

I live in Italy where you do not see gingerbread houses very often. What is exactly the tradition with this project, do you make the house just for decoration or for eating? I would like to make one and start a tradition in our family!

November 17, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Hi Rocio,
      I make simple ones for family/friends to eat, but if I make an elaborate one, we usually just keep it out during the holidays as a fun decoration. I’m not even sure of how the tradition began, so I found this link for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gingerbread

24. Sophie So Gourmandises
    November 5, 2013 at 2:16 am | Permalink

C’est magnifique !!

25. kathryn paradine
    November 6, 2013 at 6:18 am | Permalink

Hi Marion,
    Would you be able to recommend somewhere to find other gingerbread templates for larger or different styles of houses?

You are the queen of gingerbread houses!

November 17, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Hi Kathryn,
      I’m still looking as well. Will write a post about it when I do. Hope you are well!

26. November 18, 2013 at 12:49 am | Permalink

Wow! Amazing pictures you got here. Love those gingerbread houses. So cute 🙂 I just really love your work Marian.

January 2, 2014 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Thanks Abby!

27. November 21, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

These are just gorgeous. I especially love the second one – so intricate. I made a gingerbread bakery last year (http://www.honeywellbakes.com/how-we-made-our-gingerbread-bakery-house/) and this year I’m planning to make my daughter a gingerbread farm.

January 2, 2014 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness, Rebecca, I loooove your bakery and I love your site!

28. June 21, 2017 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

What’s up,I read your blogs named “Christmas Gingerbread House Ideas | Sweetopia” on a regular basis.Your story-telling style is awesome, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about proxy list.

1. […] crafty blogger at Sweetopia has house templates to share and many great ideas for uniquely decorated […]

2. […] Gingerbread Houses […]