Oct 06

Halloween Decorated Cookie Ideas

img_3084-590x804

Lately…

I have been…

enjoying the fall colors in the forest.

contemplating life.

cherishing Lionel (he has been going through bouts of seizures but seems to be okay with medication).

grateful for family.

getting ready for upcoming Halloween

and have put together a little round-up of decorated cookie ideas and a few new photos of simple Halloween designs here for you.

{Image above by Charla Anne}.

{Lionel on Instagram}

How about you?

What are you happy about lately?

Thanks to Charla Anne of love Charla Anne for letting me emulate this post style and use the “Be Joyful” image above today. If you haven’t seen her site, it’s so charming and beautiful. She takes gorgeous photos of her life and family, and makes the most adorable creations, some of which can be found in her Etsy shop. Enjoy visiting her there!

Halloween Cookie Ideas

Click below each photo to find the corresponding tutorial.

Spider Web Decorated Cookies

Edible Ink Image Cookies

Boo-tiful Halloween Cookies

Pumpkin Cookie How-To

Whimsical Witch Cookies

Howl-oween Cookies

Fun Pumpkin Cookies

Alternatives to Meringue Powder for Royal Icing + Halloween Cookies

Piping Lines (In case you missed it last week).

Have fun decorating!

p.s.  If you haven’t entered to win a Pier 1 Imports Gift Card, there are a few more days left of the giveaway! Here’s the link. Good luck!

simple-halloween-flower-cookie-sweetopia1-590x517

1. October 6, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness, these are so fun!!

2. Marilyn
    October 6, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Firstly, Lionel is adorable! My border collie Stanley has seizures from time to time but I do not have him on meds. Stanley brings me great joy along with my family of course! So much to be thankful for. Your cookies are so beautiful and after I finish baking for our local fall fair I’m dedicating my time to improving my flooding skills. Guess what Marian? Even my husband(retired principal) wants to try those tea pots! Isn’t that something!!

• October 7, 2013 at 11:42 am | Permalink

HI Marilyn,
      So nice to hear from you again! I really loved meeting you and your husband at the show again – and that he wants to make the tea posts – that IS something! LOVE it!
      Glad to hear that your Stanley is alright – Lionel isn’t out of the woods yet (pardon the pun), but he seems to be getting better so we’ll keep our fingers crossed!
      Have fun practicing flooding and good luck at your local fall fair! Please feel free to share your creations with me somewhere on social media or on email. xo

3. October 7, 2013 at 12:32 am | Permalink

Oh, Marian…Lionel is stinkin’ cute! What a sweetie pie. And, my oh my! Such a truly fabulous Decorated Halloween Cookie roundup with tutorials! I am just enamored with your designs, girl. I am going to pin them all! What am I happy about lately? Life’s many blessings of late. Truly grateful for them! Thanks for sharing! Hugs and kisses for Lionel… xoxo

• October 7, 2013 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Hi Stacy,
      thanks! I think he’s pretty cute too. 😉
      Lots to be thankful for too… and thank you for sharing and pinning! xoxo

4. October 7, 2013 at 8:48 am | Permalink

Hi Marian, I’ve been following your blog for a very long time and I have to say, that I truly enjoy reading every single post. Your tutorials are fantastic and I always try to learn something from them. I have started writing my own blog a few years ago but I am more into baking cakes then cookies. But with your tutorials I have gain so much knowledge and confidence that I will start baking and decorating cookies too. Thank you. Best wishes.

• October 7, 2013 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Aww, Dominika, thank you so much for your kind comment! Thank you as well for following my blog – I’m so glad you like it! xo

5. October 7, 2013 at 11:03 am | Permalink

LOVE ’em all!!!

6. Rima
    October 7, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Absolutely gorgeous!!

7. Kimberly
    October 7, 2013 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

Hi

Do you know where I can get a 5 petal flower cookie cutter? Thanks. 🙂

8. Jenny H.
    October 7, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

Hello Marian!

Thanks for another lovely post! I absolutely love the pumpkin and the glittery spiderweb cookies, but my alltime favourites are definitely the pumpkin faces. They are on my list for my halloween cookies!

Your coney is adooorable!! Such a fluffy sweetie 🙂
    Hope he will be fine! All the best!x

Jenny

9. October 7, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

What perfect halloween treats!

10. October 7, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

You have me so wonderfully inspired for Halloween! I can’t wait to get decorating and making cool cookies!

11. October 7, 2013 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

Love these gorgeous cookies! You are super-creative! 🙂

12. October 7, 2013 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

So many to choose from!! Again, I am so in love with your colour combos.

13. KC
    October 7, 2013 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Hi Marian!
    I’m in love with all of your tutorials, I tried to make cookies using the recipe you have but they ended up looking a looooot different than they were suppose to (they spread quite a bit). I’m thinking that the humidity where I am (Hawaii) could be the problem, any suggestions that could maybe help? Thank you! 🙂

14. October 7, 2013 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous Marian, you are amazing Perfectionist!!!

PS I linked you to my ombré rose cookies on IG I would love your feedback
    Rowaida xx

October 7, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

Hey Rowaida,
      Nice to hear from you! Off to instagram…

15. October 7, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

These are beautiful!!!

16. October 7, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

Hi Marian, how did you do those cat cookies? They’re SO adorable and my little girl loves cats… she’s going as a black cat for Halloween. I’d like to surprise her with a few of those cookies 🙂

October 8, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Hi Michelle,
      I purchased the images of istock photo and printed them in an edible ink printer. Let me know if you’d like the link. xo

• October 9, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Yes please, Marian, thank you so much 🙂

17. October 7, 2013 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

You are truly talented!!!

18. Andrea
    October 7, 2013 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

Quick question… I would like to do some bat and cauldron cookies but I find that the taste of the frosting overwhelmingly bitter when using black. Are there any products out there that allow you to use black but not have that bitter taste?
    Thanks for your experience in all matters of the cookie world

19. Amy
    October 8, 2013 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

What’s the easiest way to package sugar cookies with royal icing?

Thanks.

20. October 9, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

I wish I could have another lesson from you again. You’re such a great teacher when it comes to flooding and decorating cookies – these are perfect and so beautiful!

21. Caroline
    October 9, 2013 at 6:37 pm | Permalink

You make nice cookies, but what is important to stay a nice person and not a show off and stay sencere to people who like u

22. October 10, 2013 at 4:54 am | Permalink

Oh Marian,
    absolutely adore this round-up of Halloween cookies – I love them all and it is hard to pick a favourite :-/ haha..

So agree with Charla Anne’s image!!
    Staying positive is a challenge, but we all can manage to think happy thoughts!

So happy you are enjoying fall, same here, I like it a lot.

Wishing you a lovely day, sweetie. Weekend is almost here 🙂

Much love,
    niner

xoxo

23. Maria Henry
    October 15, 2013 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Finally ordered a kopykake projector and I am so looking forward to using it. Love your Halloween cookies!! Best Regards.

October 15, 2013 at 9:54 am | Permalink

That’s wonderful, Maria!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

24. Marilyn
    October 24, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Hi Marian, when I was at the Baking and Sweets Show I got a recipe card with your Golden Vanilla Cupcake recipe. I usually use the one from Magnolia’s Bakery but like the buttermilk ingredient in yours so I made them for my Mom’s birthday (91 years old!) tomorrow. Anyway the recipe is wonderful and my new Ateco tip # 829 allowed me to top them with a perfect swirl of pretty pink icing. All of this thanks to you!!!

October 25, 2013 at 7:35 am | Permalink

Hi Marilyn,
      How wonderful! Your comment made me feel happy – thank you! Happy birthday to your Mom today (91 – good for her!) and have fun at the celebration!

25. Kelly
    November 4, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

where do you buy disco dust?