Dec 19

Christmas Cookies

Happy Thursday! πŸ™‚

christmas-cookies-1

Today’s post is short and sweet…

Just want to wish you lots of love and happiness this holiday season…

and share the Christmas cookies I made for family and friends.

Had lots of fun making these too… Decorating them brought me to my happy place (does decorating do that for you?), and I was inspired by so many of my favorite cookie artists for the designs.

Thanks to Bridget of Bake at 350 andΒ MarthaΒ for the candy cookie idea…

To Gail of One Tough Cookie for the Christmas tree idea…

and to Eleni’s New York for the reindeer idea!

They’re all packed and ready to go in these super cute boxes I found at Zehrs (Local grocery store).

Hope you’re enjoying the holiday preparations!

Wishing you peace and happiness,

{Sweetopia on Instagram}

1. December 20, 2012 at 1:45 am | Permalink

So beautiful!

2. December 20, 2012 at 2:23 am | Permalink

What beautiful cookies! They are going to LOVE them!

3. December 20, 2012 at 2:29 am | Permalink

These are beautiful, just what I needed to get me back in the Christmas spirit after another ridiculously hot day in Brisbane. Thank you.

4. December 20, 2012 at 5:00 am | Permalink

Hi Marian, Love love your collection of christmas cookies, amazingly beautiful. Congrats on your new kitchen, I can’t wait to see the final outcome. Best of luck and success and Happy Holidays xoxo

5. December 20, 2012 at 5:06 am | Permalink

The stockings are my favorite. Just adorable! Looking forward to seeing your finished playhouse, ahh, kitchen. : ) Merry Christmas!

6. December 20, 2012 at 6:52 am | Permalink

Your cookies are so pretty and sweet, your new kitchen will be put to good use! Merry Christmas!

7. December 20, 2012 at 7:08 am | Permalink

Marian,
    YOUR cookies take me to my happy place! πŸ™‚
    You inspired me to try to decorate cookies this year more in a fashion like yours. They did not come out like yours…..no big surprise, hehehe, but I was happy none the less, so YES making and decorating cookies took me to my happy place! πŸ™‚ Thanks always for the inspiration!
    You do such an amazing job with them! WOW!
    Holiday Hugs,Patti

8. Carol Lovelock
    December 20, 2012 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Beautiful work as always. Thank you so much for all that you do, but mostly for the inspiration that you give to this budding cookie decorator. Merry Christmas xx

9. December 20, 2012 at 8:38 am | Permalink

Marian, I have learned a lot on your site over the past couple of months, so THANK YOU very much. You have inspired me for design. Decorating cookies makes me feel really happy! A true moment of peace.

I wish you love and happiness during this holiday season and forever!

10. December 20, 2012 at 8:38 am | Permalink

Your skills will never cease to amaze me!

11. December 20, 2012 at 8:48 am | Permalink

oh wow that looks like a new house or addition for someone;p And oh how I would love to have a new kitchen, or even just a bigger one, that would be amazing! and what lucky guys those cookies look great:)

12. December 20, 2012 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Love the new construction and cannot wait to see your new kitchen!

Cookies are as lovely as ever – Merry Christmas to you and to everyone that appreciates you like I do!

xo

13. December 20, 2012 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Gorgeous! (As always!) I’m so looking forward to seeing the new kitchen! Merry Christmas!

14. Marian N
    December 20, 2012 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Merry Christmas to you and yours. You have taught us so much this past year and I am so grateful to have found your wonderful blog. Marian

15. December 20, 2012 at 10:06 am | Permalink

I love the mitten decoration! Did you marble the one section first and then add in the green piping detail? I want to try and decorate mine similar to your tonight so just looking for some quick tips. Thanks for all of your amazing inspiration!

16. December 20, 2012 at 10:06 am | Permalink

ALL YOUR WORK IS JUST OUTSTANDING AND YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON. YOUR WORK HAS INSPIRED ME TO KEEP ON TRYING AT COOKIE DECORATING. CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED KITCHEN, A WOMAN’S DREAM. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

17. December 20, 2012 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Marion, you inspire all of us, I look forward to the email from Sweetopia reporting a new post. Have a Merry Christmas.

18. December 20, 2012 at 11:04 am | Permalink

Beautiful Christmas creations. I will use your recipe to make a gingerbread house. I would like to thank you for that tutorial as well!

19. December 20, 2012 at 11:09 am | Permalink

They are all so gorgeous Marian, great set! And what a great gift!

20. Chef Angie
    December 20, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

21. ann
    December 20, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Marian, you make the most beautiful cookies. I’m inspired

22. Maria Theresia
    December 20, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

wow…big project around your house…
    love all your cookies,spec. the christmas tree!
    Have a rest… you are always working!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

23. December 20, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

wow. so beautiful.
    merry christmas Marian, you cookies are lovely as always.
    πŸ™‚

24. Juli
    December 20, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

Love your cookies! Where do you get your cookie cutters from? I would love to be able to purchase some of them!

25. Andrea B.
    December 20, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

You are my Cookie Goddess. Thank you for all you do in inspiring the baker in all of us. Merry Christmas to you and yours and a Happy New Year too.
    Andrea

26. Barb
    December 20, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

I love your cookies and they inspire me! I made some snowman faces last year and used blace icing to dot his eyes and mouth. A couple of days later the black icing bled. This year, I used black confetti sprinkles for the eyes and mouths, and a couple of days later, those too, bled. And this year, the orange chocolate covered sunflower seed also bled. Do you have any tricks or tips you can offer? I’m so happy with my cookies, only to be disappointed a couple of days later. Thanks!

27. December 20, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous as always! Have a wonderful holiday, Marian πŸ™‚

28. Novi
    December 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous cookies Marian!! Merry Christmas…

29. Betty
    December 20, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Stunning work! How do you get your red so true and vibrant? I get a hot pink hue at best! :-/ so I avoid red colored designs

30. December 21, 2012 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Marian, Happy Christmas to you!! You inspire me DAILY, so if one of my little cookies can inspire you, I’m THRILLED!!!

XOXO

31. December 21, 2012 at 9:31 am | Permalink

Love the cookies! Right now we are still waiting on a new stove (a food blogger with no oven during Christmas- gasp!), but will be baking up some love this weekend at a friend’s house and we’ll be sure to have your page open for inspiration. LOVE all the disco/luster dust on everything. So festive! πŸ™‚ Merry Christmas to you!

32. December 21, 2012 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Beautiful!!!! πŸ™‚ Happy holidays to you and your family, Marian!!

33. Neil
    December 21, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Wow! What cookies! (Wish we were your neighbors this time of year.)

December 21, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

@ Tiffiny Felix, @ Holly, @ Sally – only gluten free baking, @ Rowaida Flayhan: Thank you! Merry Christmas!

December 21, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

Ha ha @ Deborah Stauch: Made me smile. πŸ˜€ Merry Christmas to you!

@ The Partiologist: Thanks and happy holidays to you! xo

@ Patti Gramza: Glad you found your happy place too. Practice does help but I’m sure your cookies were gorgeous and much loved by their recipients. Holiday hugs to you too!

Aw, thank you @ Carol Lovelock. Hope you have a great Christmas!

So sweet to hear; thank you @ Cristina! I’m glad I could help in a small way… Cookies help me find peace too (isn’t it unexpected!?). Happiness and love to you always as well! xo

@ Jen @ Savory Simple: Many thanks! Happy Holidays!

@ Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more: I’m hoping the guys like them. πŸ™‚ The kitchen and garage/room above is certainly a dream in the making! Was a big decision but we’re glad we went with it. I hope you have a lovely Christmas, and I don’t have a chance to chat with you before the 2013, a happy new year as well! xo

Aw, @ Janet, thank you so much! It was so nice meeting you a few weeks ago! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas! xo

@ Peggy Does Cake: Thanks so much! Merry Christmas to you! πŸ™‚

Hello the other @ Marian N: πŸ˜‰ I’m grateful for a reader like you. xo. Merry Christmas!

December 21, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Hi @ MARTY: I’m glad to have been a help! Keep on persevering! The tips and tricks would have helped me quite a bit when I began, but even with them, practice helps. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family as well!

@ Haley: Hope I’m not too late, or that it worked out for you! Yes, I marbled the base mitten first, let that set and then piped the lines around the marbling afterwards. Merry Christmas to you!

@ Esther Dares: Thank you, I’m grateful for readers like you! Merry Christmas πŸ™‚

My pleasure, @ Eftychia: Hope you had fun with your gingerbread house!

Thanks @ Carrie’s Creations: I hope they like them.

@ Chef Angie, @ ann, @ Maria Theresia,
    @ Romina: Sweet thanks and Merry Christmas to you! xo

@ Juli: My favorite cookie cutter haunts are; Amazon, FancyFlours.com, GoldasKitchen.com, Ecrandal.com, Coppergifts.com, Offthebeatenpath.com and something I should mention… I’m kinda cookie cutter obsessed, so if I’m out somewhere (anywhere… gift shops etc.), and I see a cutter I don’t have, I buy it. Thank goodness they’re not usually expensive.

December 21, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

Hehe @ Andrea B., haven’t heard that one before. πŸ˜‰ Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well!

Absolutely, @ Barb, here are a few posts for you;

@ Rachel @ Baked by Rachel: Ty and have a wonderful holiday as well!

@ Novi: Thanks! xo

@ Betty: Lots of red gel coloring, unfortunately. If I’m covering a good amount of the cookie’s surface with red, I use Wilton’s “no-taste” red. Hope that helps!

Oh @ Gail, all your cookies are truly works of art… thank you for all your inspiration and happy holidays to you and Jackie! xo

Hi @ Angela: No oven… gasp… I *understand*! Have fun baking at your friend’s place and have a wonderful Christmas! xo

Thanks, @ JulieD, wishing you, your family and pups (I guess part of your family ;-)) a wonderful Christmas too!

@ Neil: Hehe, happy holidays to you!

38. Tatyana
    December 22, 2012 at 12:28 am | Permalink

I was waiting to see your Christmas cookies for this year. They are so beautiful!
    Merry Christmas!

39. December 22, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Hi – these cookies are so beautiful! I loved looking at them. You can tell there’s not only a lot of talent that went into them but also a lot of love, care, and attention. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Best of luck with the home construction. : )

40. Mary Sanavia
    December 22, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

These look so cute!!! I made some cookies this week and I was at my happy place too πŸ˜€ . Merry Christmas and good luck with your renovations. (and, I love the reindeer!)

41. Sara
    December 24, 2012 at 7:35 am | Permalink

Oh my gosh, these are just AMAZING! I wish I could do this!

42. Marylou
    December 26, 2012 at 5:35 am | Permalink

I’ve been trying to decorate cookies for years with very little success and then I came across your blog and the 10 second rule and it completely changed my entire cookie decorating experience. I have decorated lots of cookies this year and received so many compliments and find that the more I do it, the more I love it. It definitely takes me to my happy place. Thank you for sharing your expertise and amazing skills. I hope you have a happy and blessed Christmas.

43. Marylou
    December 26, 2012 at 5:36 am | Permalink

PS. These Christmas cookies are awesome!

December 29, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

@ Tatyana, @ Monica, @ Mary Sanavia, @ Sara, @ Marylou: Thank ou so much for your sweet and kind comments ~ I appreciate every one. Wishing you all a wonderful New Year! xo

45. Kathy
    January 1, 2013 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Such beautiful cookies! You are so talented and I learn so much from your posts and videos. Would you please tell me where you bought the ornament cookie cutters? The one that’s oval-ish with a slightly pointed bottom. Thanks!

46. January 1, 2013 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

This reminds me when I was a kid. I would always go to this bakery and have a gingerbread man.

January 20, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

@ Kathy: Sorry it’s taken so long to reply! I’ve been swamped by emails etc. I’m also sorry I’m not going to be a lot of help on this one; I can’t actually remember where I bought this one… it’s been so long. I recommend typing ‘ornament cookie cutter’ in google images, and see if you can find it that way. xo

48. Carla Jordan
    February 6, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Wow!! I am baking and decorating Valentine cookies right now, but I came across your Christmas cookies and I LOVE them!! Your work is A.MA.ZING!! Just wondering how to make the decorations like holly and berries. Can you share some tips and techniques for creating those?

49. February 8, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

HI @ Carla Jordan:
    The berries can be done just by piping dots of royal icing, or, you could use small round candies. The holly I used on these cookies are holly candies, but I’ve made them with gumpaste and a holly cutter before. Here’s the post;

Happy decorating! πŸ™‚

50. Mae
    October 9, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

Hi, your blog is great for wannabe like me…
    Well may i know many days, weeks ,months ahead can I make these cookies for Christmas Day?

The oven is occupied the week of Christmas … Lots of cooking to be done by my husband…. Yup he cooks for party in the house:)