Nov 25

Holly Decorated Cookies & The TomKat Studio’s Holiday Gift Guide

Have you seen The TomKat Studio’s Holiday Gift Guide 2012?

It’s packed with free printable holiday gift tags and recipes perfect for holiday gift giving! There are fantastic gift ideas to cover everyone on your shopping list!

And I’m so excited to have my gingerbread holly cookies featured in it!

Click on the link below to get ‘gift’ inspired and enjoy some holiday eye-candy!

Happy browsing!

1. November 26, 2012 at 2:05 am | Permalink

perfect cookies as always! and congratulations on being featured in the gift guide!

2. Janis
    November 26, 2012 at 2:05 am | Permalink

Hi Marian

I LOVE holly, and these cookies are just too beautiful. You are such a gifted lady. Lovely!

3. November 26, 2012 at 5:48 am | Permalink

You have been my cookie crush since the first day I saw your blog and decided to try making cookies like yours. I use your recipe for all my cookies and have read/watched all your tips and tricks…and I have one question…

Do you ice your cookies on the back of the cookie, as in the side that is flat on the pan? Your edges are just ALWAYS so amazingly PERFECT and I just can’t get that same clean crisp edge that you do…it depresses me every time I see something new from you!

4. November 26, 2012 at 6:31 am | Permalink

Yessss I love that guide, it is SO cute full of sweet things we all love =)
    I was happy to find your holly cookies in there!! They are so perfect, FLAWLESS, really!
    Congrats that you made it in the guide, that’s just so awesome!
    Btw you inspired me with holly leaf cake pops, I made some myself for the christmas candy bar we set up yesterday, post coming soon!! They turned out really cute, thanks for your idea, sweetie!
    Much love and hope your Monday is starting off well.
    XOXO, niner :-)

5. Isabel
    November 26, 2012 at 6:59 am | Permalink

WoW Marian! Your cookies are so… perfect and ellegant!!! Congratulations! And you look so pretty in the photo as wel.. ;o)
    Best regards form Spain and looking forward to see you some day in Madrid!
    Isabel

6. November 26, 2012 at 7:19 am | Permalink

Congrats!! Lovely job as always, keep the good work!

7. Maria Theresia
    November 26, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Beautiful Holly Cookies… Congratulations for being featured in the TomKat Studio’s Holiday Gift Guide.
    You are AWESOME!
    have a great week.

8. SiDoll
    November 26, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Marian, love your holly cookies and wanted to know what size red gum ball you use to decorate the cookies.

9. November 26, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Love the gumballs on the holly! Beautiful cookies as always Marian. Congratulations on being featured in this holiday issue.

November 26, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Sweet thanks, @ Ajda and @ Janis!

Hi @ Jenny:You’re so cute! Let me see if I can help you… Always take the baking powder out if you’re worried about the edges being crisp, and follow my tips in my ‘preventing spreading’ post. As for decorating, I don’t decorate the underside of the cookie. Maybe if yours had bumps or bubbles on top (you could be overmixing the dough), try gently pressing on your hot cookie when it comes out of the oven (with an oven mitt ;-)

What else? Hmmm. Are you using the same gingerbread recipe I am?

Can’t wait to see them, @ niner bakes! Thanks always for your lovlieness! xo

That’s so nice of you, @ Isabel, sweet thanks!! Hope to be in Spain one day.

@ Eftychia: Thank you! :)

Thanks so much for your always lovely comments, @ Maria Theresia!

11. November 27, 2012 at 6:47 am | Permalink

@ marian:Thanks Marian :)

I always leave the baking powder out so it can’t be that…I think maybe i’m overmixing them a bit. I re-read your preventing spreading post again and am going to try getting thicker baking pans and placing the cookies on baking paper, hopefully that helps :)

I haven’t tried your gingerbread recipe yet (have just used your plain cookie recipe so far) but bought new cookie cutters this week so will whip up a batch this weekend! Thanks for all the help and the amazing inspiration!

12. November 28, 2012 at 9:11 am | Permalink

I love how simple these are but they look so cute!

November 28, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Sounds good, @ Jenny, good luck!

Thanks so much, @ sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more!

November 29, 2012 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Hi @ SiDoll: Oops! Missed your question! They are the size that goes in the classic gumball machines… about 1 cm diameter. Hope that helps!

15. Marisa
    December 8, 2012 at 4:20 am | Permalink

Hola Marian, me encantata tublog,lo tengo en mis favoritos y aprendo mucho de el. Un millón de gracias.

16. December 13, 2012 at 3:05 am | Permalink

that looks perfect!<3

17. Jes
    December 18, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

Hi.. I have a great sugar cookie recipe that doesn’t spread and the cookies hold their shape. I like the ingredients in it, but I am just wondering what I could have done wrong? My last few batches of dough have been flakey and hard to roll. I haven’t done anything differently, I have been following the recipe. Do you know why this might be happening? Thanks.. I love the Holly Cookies..

January 20, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

HI @ Jes: Have you been using a different butter or fat product? Is the humidity where you are any different? (drier/less humidity).