Top 10 Comfort Foods
Comfort food faves in order… #1 being the best.
1. Chocolate chip cookies (soft and chewy)
2. Peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies
3. Mom's plum tart
4. Dad's scallopped potatoes
5. Bread and butter with homemade jam (blackberry, raspberry, strawberry or apricot… depending on my mood)
6. Oreo cookies (with milk, of course)
7. Chocolate cake (moist with lots of frosting)
8. Nutella (spooned from the jar)
9. Sour cream and onion chips
10. Fettucine Alfredo (very cheesy)
There's a definite chocolate theme going on, with cookies topping my list as the absolute faves.
What does your list look like?
If cookies are anywhere near one of yours or your loved ones favorite sweets to savour, you'll be happy to find out about this absolute gem, by cookie sweetheart Maria Lichty of Two Peas and Their Pod and Heidi Larsen of Foodie Crush.
It's an ebook packed with all kinds of absolutely heavenly cookies by her and her husband Josh… tons of them… a whole month's worth of delicious recipes to try.
I plan on making every single one of them.
The photos themselves, by Heidi of Foodie Crush are enough to ignite some serious cravings, and if that isn't enough, the ebook includes a Cookie Days Cookbook, a 20-page downloadable e-cookbook featuring a week of recipes and new photography from some of Maria’s blogging baking buddies including Picky Palate, Brown Eyed Baker, Kevin and Amanda, Eat, Live, Run, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, How Sweet It Is, and Recipe Girl. Cookie Days also showcases seven baking bloggers Maria celebrates as “cookie decorating artists.” Thank you Maria for including me! And Heidi, you did a fabulous job of designing the ebooks!
Fun news! Maria, Heidi and Josh giving away one Cookie Cravings to one of you! The winner will also receive:
- Printable gifting labels for a year of special occasions from ChicSprinkles.com
- Printable Kitchen Conversion Chart
- Printable What’s in Maria’s Pantry: Baking Cookies
- Printable Cookie Recipe Cards for your own cookie recipes
- Printable Chocolate Toffee Almond Cookie Recipe Card from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Printable Keep Calm and Bake On Graphic
- Computer Screen Saver Wallpapers
- VIDEO: Maria’s Step-by-Step Cookie Baking Tutorial
Congratulations to comment #135, Barbara Choe, for winning the giveaway! I will be in contact soon to find out how to get you your prizes.
Thank you to everyone who participated! Happy baking! xo
How to Enter the Giveaway It's easy. Leave a comment below letting me know anything at all, any comment you like!
Giveaway Details The giveaway is international. The winner will be chosen via random.org. Contest ends Sunday, April 15th, 7pm EST.
If you'd like to purchase a copy already, you can find one here.
p.s. Three more which almost made the list… cookies n'cream ice cream, a good cheeseburger and sushi – not together though.
p.s.s. You can decorate any of these cookies as well! Click here for an idea which would work.