Oct 12

Sweetopia Launches New Site Design!

I’m thrilled to announce that Sweetopia has undergone a site revamp!

new_chapter

I hope you like what’s been done!

The design hasn’t changed much since January of 2009, when I began the blog, and we hoped to make the site a bit easier to navigate for you. We added a recipe section and categorized the tutorial section according to corresponding sweets. (Cookies, Cupcakes, Icing etc.)

We, being the web designer Arthur Kononuk, and myself. I’m so fortunate to have such a talented web designer to work with! He’s the mastermind behind the new changes and all the sweet graphics. You can find him on his site, Grenadier, here.

Besides polishing up the Sweetopia logo…

… he added social icons to the top and bottom of the site, so that we can connect on Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Pinterest. You can also sign up for news and post updates by clicking on the little envelope on the top right.

The Cookie Decorator Directory has been revamped so that there’s more room for new Cookie Decorators, the map is larger, and, happy news, we are on the first page of Google for people looking for cookie decorators!

Those of you who are interested in possible sponsorship, we have updated our advertising options and those who have been waiting we are ready to take orders.

Thank you Arthur for patiently working on all the design and technical aspects and thank you to my dedicated readers for visiting Sweetopia!

Known Bugs

There are a few known site issues we have yet to fix :

• Long post titles squishing
  • Some thumbnails are not loading
  • Certain post images are being stretched
  • Bullets and numbering lists not all working

Please leave me your feedback and/or report any issues you’ve noticed with the new site; I’d love to hear from you!

1. October 19, 2011 at 5:35 am | Permalink

I love the new look. It has always been really cute. But, I do like the newer cleaner look a little easier on eyes with all the other things a site needs to have everything on the 1st page…I love it! Cute ~ Cute!!

2. Cherie
    October 19, 2011 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Love the new website!!!! As a new lifetime follower it is very easy to navigate.
    Thanks for sharing all your great tips, videos and pictures, recipes, etc. I am now more addicted to your website than the “Pin” one ….:-)!

3. October 24, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

I love it!!! 🙂 Your blog is always such a happy place…I’m loving the updates! Great job, Marian!

4. November 12, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

Congratulations, Marian!
    I am trying to find a designer to do the same for me. Mine was revamped January 2010 but needs it again, for sure. Yours is one of the pretties little sites I’ve seen. I just love the dreamy soft fluffy pinkness here.
    🙂
    Valerie

5. dixie
    November 12, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

I wish you had included a search field. I have trouble finding different things, but I love the site a lot.

November 12, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

@ A Canadian Foodie: Thanks so much!
    @ dixie: It’s right above the title of the post, but obviously isn’t noticeable enough. 😉 Thanks for your feedback.

7. Karen Smith
    November 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

Love the new look!
    I agree that you do need to include a search box, then it will be purrrfect!

November 12, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

@ Karen Smith: Lol! It obviously isn’t easy to see. It’s above the post title and on the home page it’s above the rotating pictures. Thanks for your input!

9. Francesca
    November 13, 2011 at 1:47 am | Permalink

A really lovely new look; you pages are always such a joy to explore. Congratulations on the success of the new design, and thank you for continuing to share your wonderful ideas and creativity.

10. Colleen
    November 13, 2011 at 2:50 am | Permalink

Unfortunately I can’t see but just maybe an inch of each entry, so I can’t read any of your blog entries. I’m using Internet Explorer with a 21″ diagonal screen running on Windows XP. Any suggestions? Love you site!

11. Camor
    November 13, 2011 at 3:11 am | Permalink

Congratulations, Marian!
    Thanks for sharing all your great ideas.

November 13, 2011 at 7:41 am | Permalink

@ Francesca: Thanks!

@ Colleen: Would you mind sharing where you are when you see an inch of each entry please? Are you on the home page or have you clicked on Tutorials or Recipes? I’m hoping it’s as simple as having to click on the inch you do see, to get to the rest of the post.

@ Camor: Thank you!

13. November 13, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

Looks great! I can’t wait to make the cake pops!

14. Yanina
    November 14, 2011 at 10:34 am | Permalink

Congratulations!!!! I am from Argentina and I’ve been following your posts for about a month now and I have to tell you….you are a GREAT inspiration!!!! I love your posts….with your tips and tutorial you make baking and decorating some much easier!!!! Thank you for all your dedication!

15. November 16, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

I love it! It’s less cluttered and the NAV bar is better in it’s new location. Yes, much more efficient layout!

Great job! 😀