Dec 14

Diva Claus Decorated Cookies

Don’t know what to get the fashionista in your life this Christmas?

Can’t go wrong with sweet and stylish Diva Claus cookies.  ;-)

I had fun making these and once I got going I found there were endless ways of ‘dressing them up’.

I ran out of cookies before I ran out of ideas.

The original idea for the bejewelled shoe cookies came from Rosey Sugar.  If you haven’t seen them, you must click over to her page here to see what she makes.  I just love her style and her beautiful cookies.

The icing on this green handbag needed to be mixed a bit more.  For a few tips on cookie decorating mistakes to avoid (which I need remember lol), click on this post here.

It’s hard to see in the picture below, but of course I had to add my favorite, disco dust, for some shoe bling.  If you need a ‘how-to’ on using disco dust, click here.

The holly sprinkles were a quick and easy way to dress this handbag up.

If you’d like to try making these cookies here is everything you’ll need and more:

Diva Claus Cookies

Happy decorating!

p.s.

Find A Cookie Decorator

For those of you looking to order Diva Claus or other decorated cookies, I really don’t have time for orders, so have set up a Cookie Decorating Directory to help those of you looking to order cookies, to find a decorator.  Click here or on the chocolate chip cookie at the top right hand corner of the blog to see the directory.

For those of you looking to get on the directory & map, complete the registration form here (It’s really easy!).  I turn away orders on a consistent basis and would love to recommend decorators to my readers.

1. December 14, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

Soo cute! Stumbled

2. December 14, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous Marian! I wish I can take courses with you! can you give online courses Marian?

3. hanady
    December 14, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

online courses will be great plzzzzzzzz :)

4. December 14, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

These are TOO cute!! : )

5. December 14, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

Adorable! Makes me want to go and get a new Christmas wardrobe. LOL

6. December 14, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

Super cute! Love the idea!

7. Jenn
    December 14, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

So pretty! Your design are fabulous!

8. Pernille
    December 14, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

Hi :)
    You don’t know me.. but I’ve been following your blog for awhile and you make the most amazing cookies! But how do you store them? and how long do they keep?? ~ Pernille

December 15, 2010 at 12:25 am | Permalink

You can store them in a cool, dry place in Tupperware with parchment paper in between each layer. I would say up to 2 weeks max. You could freeze them as well for up to 6 months. I usually put mine in a clear cellophane bag tied with a ribbon, and give them away.

9. December 15, 2010 at 1:05 am | Permalink

Marian, LOVE your Diva Claus Cookies!! I actually like the effect of the green icing (which you said needed to be mixed more!). Happens to me all the time. Your creativity amazes me!

10. Serene
    December 15, 2010 at 1:18 am | Permalink

Marian, these are beeeautiful! Your cookies are perfection. I have seen many bakers that are satisfied with mis shapen cookies, uneven borders. But your attention to detail is inspiring. Every cookie, line, circle is perfect!! You are truly amazing!

11. Serene
    December 15, 2010 at 1:21 am | Permalink

Oh I had a question..I’ve always made RI using your recipe and tutorial. However I notice a lot of RI recipes want the icing to be beaten stiff/thick and not smooth flowing like yours. Is there a difference? I have never used that method…seems it would be to “gloopy”
    You can check out the cookies I made this weekend at http://theserenekitchen.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Serene

12. Janelle
    December 15, 2010 at 2:05 am | Permalink

Awesome! On the Ms Clause white purse and shoe did you use a stamp to get the leaves?

December 15, 2010 at 2:52 am | Permalink

Thanks Susan =)

Serene, I’m not exactly sure I know what you mean, so I’ll have to say I don’t know ;-) Do you mean the consistency of the icing when decorating? I definitely like it smooth so that it flows well.

Janelle, those are just holly sprinkles. There’s a list in the post of all the things you’ll need to make these cookies; there’s a link to the holly sprinkles there.

14. December 15, 2010 at 3:45 am | Permalink

Love these! I love the dragees. I’m so sad that we can’t get them in California. They add something so special to cakes and cookies.

15. Kimmie
    December 15, 2010 at 4:53 am | Permalink

Wow snow days are so much fun for you! These are adorable Marian, simply adorable.

16. Jeannette Mara
    December 15, 2010 at 5:03 am | Permalink

I love your cookies! Just ‘found’ you tonight and I am looking forward to studying your tutorials to see if I can learn some tips! Jeannette .

17. December 15, 2010 at 7:17 am | Permalink

oh wow Marian…… they are so cute and beautiful. You are amazing! Your idees are so cerative…
    I feel like I need new shoes a matching hat and handbag now!
    Merry Christmas

18. December 15, 2010 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Oh my word this is the cutest thing ever. You are so talented! I am your newest follower

xo

19. December 15, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

So clever and divalicious!

20. December 15, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

SO SO pretty and fun!!!! I am in awe!!! Amazing job, how fun would these be at a girls holiday party?

21. December 15, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

Love the hats! =) I wish I could find that cookie cutter.

22. December 16, 2010 at 1:45 am | Permalink

I’ve been following you for a few months and I’m so glad Bakerella pointed out your site. It’s the sugar cookie pinnacle as far as I’m concerned.

23. kat
    December 16, 2010 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Hi!

I just discovered your site and it makes me giddy and excited! I love it =) I’m from Toronto too.

Can’t wait to check out more of your posts – and your cookies are beautiful. They’re too pretty to eat, I’d feel horrible to do so! How do you do it? =P

PS I love your website's layout – it makes me happy.

December 16, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Thank you all for your comments – I cherish each and every one of them!! =)

25. December 16, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

I love the dress! I love how you’re so real and show your cookies even if it’s not picture perfect (To you it might not but, it looks awesome to me) and let us know how to avoid/fix! :)

26. December 16, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

These are so, so CUTE!!!

27. December 17, 2010 at 7:26 am | Permalink

I just found your site tonight, and I must say your cookies are AMAZING!! The attention to detail and the creativity are spot on! Looking forward to see what you do in future as I’ll be an avid reader!

Raelynn

28. December 17, 2010 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Nice change from Santas and reindeers!

ciao

Alessandra

29. December 17, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Hi! Stumbled upon here because of bakerella! Wow, I really like your super pink page because super love pink myself! And wow, what cute and sweet looking creations! I can’t take my eyes off that dress and caps!

30. December 18, 2010 at 8:45 am | Permalink

I love these! You never cease to amaze me:)

31. Carlee
    December 19, 2010 at 10:10 am | Permalink

So cute I am going to make these for my niece who loves shoes, shoes and more shoes. I did not know what to get her for Christmas (short on cash) but now I know. Thank you P.S. found you on Bakerella site.

32. Monica
    November 12, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

hi Marian Im from Mexico so mi english isnt well, but I have to tell you that….. you have magic in your hands, how long have you being working in this?
    My respect and admiration.
    Monica Ligia.

33. November 30, 2012 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Such a fun and pretty set Marian!

1. By Pining | Flippin' Good Cookies on August 2, 2011 at 7:15 am

[...] Mrs. Claus’s Sassy Heels [...]

2. By Tea Party Decorated Cookies | Sweetopia on August 9, 2011 at 10:43 pm

[...] & pretty style, really admire her royal icing work, and hope to be at her level some day! Here are some more cookies I’ve made, which are influenced by her, and here are her awe-inspiring [...]

3. By Marian’s Light Gingerbread Cookies on August 13, 2011 at 6:52 am

[...] onto the blogging scene raining down upon it, Facebook and YouTube creations of lustre dust, sparkling sugar and sprinkles that have captured the decorating imagination of thousands.  Since 2009, Sweetopia [...]

4. [...] Christmas Fashion Cookies [...]