Nov 24

Bombay Sapphire Gin Gingerbread Houses

These are Bombay Sapphire Gin Gingerbread Houses.

How’s that for a tongue twister?

Bombay Sapphire Gin Gingerbread Houses2

And how would you like 20 of them?

They have gin inside.  ;-)

Bombay Sapphire Gingerbread House

Each house has the ingredients for a Bombay Sapphire Gin Apple Cheer cocktail inside it.

Bombay Sapphire Apple Cheer gin cocktail.

I don’t normally do orders, but I couldn’t resist the offer for the company which my brother’s girlfriend works for, Optimum PR, on behalf of their client, Bombay Sapphire Gin, last Christmas.

Bombay Sapphire Gingerbread House above

This shot from above is dark but my old camera picked up the disco dust better in this shot. The blue candy ‘gem’ in the walkway is meant to mirror the gen in the Bombay Sapphire logo.

Wrapped Bombay Sapphire Gin Gingerbread Houses

Did you know that gin pairs well with desserts?  Well, apparently it does.  The Apple Cheer cocktail is evidently perfectly paired with butter tart squares.

Mmmmm – that’s definitely on my ‘to try’ list this season.  If you end up taste-testing before I do, I’d love to hear your feedback.

Enjoy!

BOMBAY APPLE CHEER

Directions

- To a saucepan, add 3 cups fresh apple juice, 8 whole cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks and 4 large lemon zests

- Heat gently until warmed through

- Add 1 cup BOMBAY SAPPHIRE gin and stir to mix, pour into heatproof cups

- Add 1 tsp maple syrup to each cup, garnish each with a cinnamon stick and a lemon wedge

* Bombay Sapphire Photo and recipe from www.canada.com

1. November 24, 2009 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

These houses are unbelievable! And you did so many…I can’t even imagine how you completed this project. Wow! Beautiful job…love your talent and your blog!

2. November 24, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

I can never bring myself to throw away old Bombay Sapphire bottles – the blue glass is so pretty! Love how you’ve used that blue in the columns and pathway. It’s stunning and so wintery!

3. November 24, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Amazing! Your gingerbread houses put my little one to shame. You did such a fantastic job :)

4. November 24, 2009 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

Wow, those are amazing! I love all the little details.

5. November 24, 2009 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

I *love* gingerbread-housing! Very, very cute! :)

6. November 25, 2009 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Those are amazing!!!!!!! wow.. just so amazing!

7. Mireille
    November 25, 2009 at 11:18 am | Permalink

I was wondering how did you make those gingerbread houses, because they are fantastic. And I have always dreamed of making one, and these are so beautiful!!

8. Melanie
    November 25, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

These are just gorgeous. It looks like the trees are a stiff buttercream icing? Did you use something to stabilize them, or are they just layers of icing?

9. Kimberly Myers-Schuh
    November 25, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Absolutely beautiful…but of course you made them. Best butter tarts that I have ever tasted are from a little bakery in Huntsville called Ingoldsby’s. They freeze great and last a long time in the freezer. I am sure that they would go great with Apple Cheer Cider. Will definitely try it and let you know.

10. November 25, 2009 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

These are stunning! I can’t even imagine how you did 20!!!!! – one would take me forever…..beautiful and elegant!! You’re truly gifted as a “candy artist”!!
    well done!!!

11. Tracy
    November 25, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness! Those houses are just gorgeous! I wouldn’t have made it through ONE house, let alone twenty. Ironically, my husband just came home with 1½ liter bottle of Bombay Sapphire for soloing out one of his students…so that drink will be on my Thanksgiving table tomorrow for sure Ü

12. Diane
    November 25, 2009 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

OMGOSH,Marian these are just Amazing !!!!!!!

13. November 25, 2009 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Oh wow Marian!!! unbelievable! :)

14. nikki
    November 26, 2009 at 12:28 am | Permalink

OMG Did you make these?????? they are most amazing. My kids would demolish the houses and I could take care of the gin! Well done Marian. These would make a great house warming present…… How big were they, just out of interest? and would you think of a tutorial in the future.
    P.S. Merry Christmas.

15. Cindy
    November 26, 2009 at 4:43 am | Permalink

WOW!!! These are so perfect and my goodness, the patience you must have! Just wonderful! Happy Holidays!!

16. Angela East
    November 26, 2009 at 6:34 am | Permalink

AWESOME!!!
    HAPPY BAKING AND DECORATING,
    CHEF ANGIE

17. November 26, 2009 at 7:06 am | Permalink

WOW! Those are amazing! It must have taken forever! Great job!

18. Lerri from Barrie
    November 26, 2009 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Aren’t you the most clever “Baker” tee hee!

These are fabulous Marian and I will definitely try the Gin recipe on Christmas day for our family open house. Should make the holidays go more smoothly! :)

19. November 26, 2009 at 8:43 am | Permalink

talent’s and patience pays off… beautiful creative work.

20. Rachel
    November 26, 2009 at 9:21 am | Permalink

This is absolutely lovely and amazing. Happy thanksgiving …

21. November 28, 2009 at 11:05 am | Permalink

oh my, you made 20 of them!! not only do you have a ton of talent, you are also gifted with patience! they are so beautiful! the gin apple cider sounds yummy, i have only tried brandy and cointreau apple cider before, it was very tasty. :)

22. November 29, 2009 at 9:04 am | Permalink

WOW! Those are awesome! I’m a fan of the Bombay Sapphire gin and that has to be the cutest thing I’ve EVER seen. Who did they give the houses to and did you have to build the houses around the drink ingredients??

23. November 29, 2009 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Thanks everyone!

Laura C, I only know one place for sure; the Toronto Star (newspaper), and two went accross Canada – one to Calgary and one to British Columbia somewhere. Other than that I think Bombay gave them to major venues around Toronto which serve their gin.

Yes, I figured out how big the house would have to be to fit the ingredients and planned it around that.

My husband had the bright idea of nailing small square dowels to the board, just on the inside of each wall, so that in case the apple juice, for example, rolled a bit during transportation, it would hi the dowel, not the gingerbread wall.

24. December 5, 2009 at 11:55 am | Permalink

most impressive, that yummy gin reminds me of a summer day with lots of ice, lime and tonic….the houses are adorable and the blue is perfect with the snow and ice feel this time of year…

May 8, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

26. August 9, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

These are really beautiful… a whole lot of work!

27. December 8, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Speechless. I love gingerbread houses and these are just gorgeous…as always Marian! ;)

December 8, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

@ Sam, @ Shelley: Thanks!

29. December 8, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

Love these, the colours are so wintry yet pretty. Lucky customers, I wish I was on the receiving end.
    PS> I came here via Something Sweet, doesn’t that sound nice!

1. [...] house. How adorable is that? You have to see the whole house and then check out the twenty Sapphire Gin gingerbread houses she made as part of a holiday order. They have gin inside of them! Thanks for inspiring your [...]

2. By Edible Ink Image Christmas Cookies | Sweetopia on November 2, 2011 at 7:01 pm

[...] First I have to say that I really don’t normally do orders; mainly cookies for family and friends.  The one person I have a hard time saying no to is my future sis-in-law; she’s asked me to make some things for her company the past few Christmases, like the edible ink Christmas cookies in this post, and these 20 gingerbread houses. [...]