Mar 07

Baby Cookies for Carter

3336070011_ea03b3b244

Made these cookies a few years ago to celebrate the birth of my nephew Carter.  They are sugar cookies decorated with flood royal icing.

1. Kimberly Myers-Schuh
    April 1, 2009 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

So gorgeous! I need some baby cookies made for this weekend…..

2. Julie Bell
    May 8, 2009 at 10:26 am | Permalink

They were super special, thanks so much Anutie Marian. Lots of Love Carter:-)

3. Ram
    October 27, 2009 at 11:29 pm | Permalink

May I know how you achieve high flooding on your cookies. I mean they’re not like other flat decorated cookies that I see around.

4. October 28, 2009 at 6:23 am | Permalink

Ram, the icing recipe and consistency of the recipe is important.

My icing recipe can be found under the tutorial section – Cookie Decorating Tutorial; General Tips & Butterfly Cookies:

Cookie Decorating Tutorial; General Tips & Butterfly Cookies.

The 10 second rule is important as well… It helps determine how thick/thin the icing should be. You can find that in the same tutorial.

Hope that helps!

5. Shirley Womack
    December 26, 2009 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Your frosting has such a beautiful sheen. Is it just the recipe that you refer to in your cookie tutorial or did you do something else?

6. December 26, 2009 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

Thanks Shirley!
    Yes, that’s the recipe I use in my tutorial; nothing else.

May 8, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

p.s. Forgot to mention; in this case it’s just probably the flash, but I have heard that using corn syrup adds a little sheen. (a teaspoon per kg of icing sugar). I have yet to really see the difference, but I’m experimenting with it here and there. I’ll write a post if I find a way which makes a real difference.

8. Sumeyra
    November 11, 2013 at 10:34 am | Permalink

hi
    cookies looks very nice, congratulations.
    What brand using food coloring?

November 11, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Hi Sumeyra,
      Americolor usually, and ocassionally Wilton.